Missing people - OEGB Int'l Society

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Missing people

Jim Wilson

Comments

• tracytracy AMARILLO,TX.
    HE MAKE FOOTBALLS,BASKETBALLS AND OTHER SPORTS EQU.LOL.
  • Didn't Tom Hank lose him in that Cast Away film ? I don't think he ever found him that last time ... :D
  • edited May 2013
    He was rescued by Rawlings
  • No he does make cowboy boots use to show whites he lived in San Anglo, Texas
  • What about bob devault also in Texas
  • Bryan swope in ok
    JIM WILSON I HAVEN'T SEEN HIM IN YRS.BOB D.STILL HAS SOME BIRDS AND DUCKS AND BRYAN S A FEW YRS BACK I WAS JUDGING IN OKLA. AND HE COME BY AND WE TALKED. HE GOT OUT OF BIRDS.
  • Thanks Tracy
  • Let me tell a story about bob he used to buy a lot of birds from me years ago,I had went to Otis to get a bird back I sold to him to used in the breeding pen, I think it was 1997 the bird Otis had was a 1992 hatch bird otis had quit showing him so he said I will trade him for a cockerel,I got this bird and bred him man he really brought out the good out in my birds,so bob was buying him a show string,I don't remember how many I sold him any way I know I let him have at least two out of that male,I said I got one left and I don't want to sell him,well it went on he called every day wanting that bird I kelp saying no I want to breed him,one day he called and said if you would price him what would it be I said 500.00 he said ok I thought I scared him off,two days later I got a money order in the mail 500.00 plus box and shipping,I looked at that check and thought if I don't take this I'm crazy well I shipped him he went on and done well for him in the show but if I hadn't sold him who know good my line would have been.
  • hippie , if you re going to continue in the business and you feel you really need a bird , they are priceless , really good bred birds are worth a lot of money , most people if you price them a bird , they think youre crazy , but they dont know what went into you getting the birds bred up like they are , WHEN YOU BUY A BIRD , YOURE REALLY BUYING A PART OF A MANS LIFE , there are a lot of birds out there , but will they reproduce , what they are ? many people are buying birds , by name these are so and so s ,BUT NAMES DONT WIN GAMES , when i say my birds are sheriff blood , i do this to honor the man who originated them , we have always done this , you can read our ads and they thank the people who let us have the birds
  • Raven very well put.This is very true.
  • Bryan had my line of whites he done really well with them,he also bred bb reds I think at one time he had jake Lail birds,he called me and said come to OK and help me cull these bb reds,I was young at the time,never been to OK so we made a date we left one evening drove all night to get there in the morning,we looked at chickens all day long,he said I gonna get yall a room so yall can leave early in the morning,I want forget this he carried downtown to some little swankie motel,when we pulled up shelia said I not going to stay here,I said don't be that way he's paying for it,she said I want to look at the room,well to say the least a young cat could crawl under the door shelia said I'm not staying here I'm sorry,we told him we would get our own room,he really was a good man.
  • Bryan got B.B.Reds & Whites from me a couple of times.
  • Coop I didn't know you had whites you still got them?
  • edited May 2013
    James had one of the best white cock birds I have ever seen even now and sold him for $300 about 30 yrs. ago I believe this was Bill Tripp bloodlines.
    47294431d9f410f81df6741fcc5db0-1.jpg
    640 x 480 - 34K
    White kockrel.jpg
    640 x 480 - 62K
  • No whites now. Bill sent me Whites & I sent him Duckwings. He had BV at the all Game show on one.
  • Jerry raven
    JERRY RAVEN IS STILL IN FRESNO CAL.STILL HAS O.E. DON'T SHOW TO MUCH. HE HAS HEART TROUBLE.I SENT CHAI A MESSAGE A FEW WEEKS AGO HE SAID HE OVERLOADED HIS SELF WITH BIRDS AND IS CUTTING BACK ALSO SOME FAMILY ILLNESS.
  • edited June 2013
    tracy