WHICH COLOR ARE YOU MOST PROUD OF. - OEGB Int'l Society

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

WHICH COLOR ARE YOU MOST PROUD OF.

tracytracy AMARILLO,TX.
edited December 2012 in Somethin' to Crow About
ON MY O.E. I HAVE 2 DIFFERENT COLORS 1ST BROWN RED I STARTED BACK WITH THEM IN THE LATE 80,S. WHEN NO ONE HAD THEM AROUND TEXAS AND OKLA.I WAS TOLD I WOULD NEVER WIN WITH THEM.AND 2ND IS MY WHEATON,S HAVE BEEN RAISING THEM ABOUT 8 TO 10 YRS,AND THEY ARE PLENTY OF GOOD BREEDERS OF THEM AROUND.A BUNCH OF YOU BREEDERS OUT THERE DO NOT REMEMBER BACK 20,30,40 YRS.BACK IT WAS ALL BB RED.I WOULD GO TO SHOWS IN DALLAS AND FT. WORTH 300 O.E. 400 O.E. 90 PERCENT WOULD BE BB RED.A FEW BLACKS,WHITES AND SDW,S.THE LESSER VARITIES HAVE COME ALONG WAY.WELL WHAT IS YOUR MOST PROUD COLOR.

Comments

• tracytracy AMARILLO,TX.
    LET US HERE WHY BILL.
  • I enjoy my Brown Reds and worked with thm quite a bit, but that was more a means to an end for the Birchen that I really wanted and could not find in the body and feather I like most. Been working with the Birchen for a few generations this time around and I really like them.
    My second choice would be my Columbian also a real labor of love. I have worked with Columbian in a few other breeds as well and learned a great deal about the color and pattern and breeding practices which has really helped.
    I do not think I could choose one but for me it is a real toss up between the Birchen and Columbian they are my two favorite varieties regardless of breed.
  • edited December 2012
    I love to see the beautiful White and Red contrast colors of their heads etc. and also the gentleness of them.
    Bill
  • Let me think here ..mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm ..lol
  • My favorite all time and i have been in oegb for a long time was my blue reds i got my start from Dave Bethel, my second all time is my bgdw, been raising them for 5 years
  • i believe i like the blacks best raven
  • In my opinion it's the wheaten. The males having the light hackle and saddle on the black body just makes them stand out. Then throw the females in the discussion and it makes for a pretty combination.
  • I've had ginger reds since the early 90's, the red contrasting colors make it a real eye catcher. the type and feather quality have greatly improved. all the shows we have attended this year, the ginger class had 30 or more
  • No secret that the Columbians are my favorite for several reasons. First there is something quite eye catching to me about a white bird with glossy black markings. When correct it is a sight to behold for me. The second reason is the challenge to get them right. Let's face it, although the blacks and BB's and other popular colors are pretty, they have already won everything that was out there. Would mean so much more if I could place a Columbian in the top five in a good class of Old English. That is why we keep breeding and selecting and taking our lumps along the way in hopes that one day that special bird pops up and then all those years are suddenly worth it. I personnally am not much on showing but you gotta do a lttle to promote your variety so I make shows a couple a year. In the process if I can make them better and get more people interested in them and increase their popularity then I did my job whether I win or lose a show. I also have Columbian Wyandottes Bantams because they are a great all purpose breed and great to work with. Just getting started with the birchen and that color is starting to grow on me also but my Columbian Old English have top billing at my place.
  • edited December 2012
    OPALS < OPALS < OPALS < OPALS < Its a hard decision ? NOT !!!!!!!

Creles are secondary to the Opals even though they have won me a BV and a RV at the last 2 Nationals.
  • Honey mustard and chocolate strawberry colors are nice but i will stick with bbreds as they and whites were my favorites as a kid and still are today however i still like and have other colors
  • My color is SDW,just having a hard time geting started , next is Wheaton , blacks ,brown reds , OHHH well all of them
  • i like my spangles, and ginger reds, they are totally opposites, both are a real challenge but thats what its all about.
  • I guess mine is bb reds. Main goal is to have a few decent ones to atleaste enjoy at home and maybe have one good enough to win one day.
  • can antone say CHOCOLATE that is mine. dont really know just really like that color and because i can use blacks to better them.can you guys imagine a chocolate that has a body and quality like the blacks. now that is a goal to get to.
  • The BB Red is the most beautiful of all to me and has always been my favorite.
  • Ok OPALs then Lemons and Browns .... that pretty much covers the ol red white and blues
  • Spangleds.....hands down!!

• Wheatens is what I like,they are the most fasanating old englsh to me...