Wyandotte Bantams - Page 4 - OEGB Int'l Society

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Wyandotte Bantams

Comments

• After much thought we are going to sale all of our black wyandottes if anyone is interested call me 706-276-6395
  • if you're into black wyandottes , theres not any better , theyre one of my favorites , in my opinion one of the best lines , if not the best lines , that exist today , jr is my friend im not saying this because hes my friend its just fact,!! , he doesnt know i posted this unless he reads this post
  • I will back you up on that statement J.W. Jr. does have some of the best black Wyandottes in the country.
  • Well as this thread is back on the first page, I will post a few photos of the 3 survivors after culling of the ones that hatched in November and December.
    SANY1515.JPG
    448 x 336 - 37K
    SANY1518.JPG
    448 x 336 - 39K
    SANY1520.JPG
    448 x 336 - 38K
    SANY1521.JPG
    448 x 336 - 38K
  • edited May 2014
    JR DONT KNOW HOW MANY CALLS YOU'VE HAD ON THE WYANDOTTES , BUT IF I HAD THE MONEY AND SPACE , ID COME AND GET THEM , ITS FUNNY PEOPLE ARE ALWAYS WANTING GOOD BIRDS , BUT WHEN THE OPPORTUNITY AVAILS ITS SELF , PEOPLE STAND AND WAIT AROUND UNTIL ITS GONE , WE HAVE 17 OR 18 STARRED WINS WITH WYANDOTTES
  • Is she worth keepin?
    image.jpg
    3264 x 2448 - 2M
  • Profile looks good. How does she look when you stand behind her? Are her sides flat or are they well rounded?
  • Colombian Wyandotte at Calhoun,GA show. I got 3rd best bantam in the JR class at dalton,GA last year with this cockerel.
    image.jpg
    3264 x 2448 - 2M
  • Good type and color. Hard to tell but comb looks a little coarse. I like him anyway.
  • His comb is divided in half I hate that,all of my Colombians have this problem I'm a going to just have to breed it out of em if I can
  • With Wyandottes the males take forever to body out. If that picture is a cockerel he is doing well for his age. Hopefully as a cock he will be a little more rounded in the front end. When viewing a Wyandotte from the side you should not see a straight line anywhere in his outline. Same thing when viewed from rear. Sides must be well rounded and not flat. Just some advise from an old Wyandotte enthusiast who raised a few champions in his time. To improve combs select females that are smooth and free of hollow spots and have a little width in the front, tapering down to a point with no defined spike. One that lays down flat to the skull from front to rear.
  • Thank u kjundog any info u have I will take it and I will try to improve what I can do I have another cock bird ill try to get a picture of him and some of my hens and post and see what u think of them to, I'm 15 and I love the old English and Wyandotte bantams
  • Here is one from the uk, shown by a jr.
    20140901_144925-1.jpg
    1481 x 1511 - 1M
  • My latest acquisition. Some Dan Jerome White Wyandotte Bantams. Got 2 trios which should give me a decent start. Decent heads and tails and what is between them ain't bad either. LOL
    SANY0002.JPG
    1024 x 768 - 125K
    SANY0004.JPG
    1024 x 768 - 136K
    SANY0005.JPG
    1024 x 768 - 146K
    SANY0006.JPG
    1024 x 768 - 110K
    SANY0007.JPG
    1024 x 768 - 117K
    SANY0010.JPG
    1024 x 768 - 106K
  • lotslesslotsless Albany Oregon
    Nice looking birds...I like that male and female in the 4th and 5th picture
  • I really like that bottom female.
  • lotslesslotsless Albany Oregon
    Wayne...I guess those wyandottes are good setters and make good mothers...Do you ever use them for setting and then raising any of your O.E?
  • Wayne I like that 2nd & 3rd female. looks like some I have.
  • Thanks guys, Lotsless the Wyandotte along with Belgian Danvers are some of the best lil incubators I ever seen. Many people like Silkies and Cochins for this but I like my Wyandottes. Yes I do intend to use them once I get the eggs I want from them. James those two females are pullets from the hen all the way to the right. The cock on the left is their dad and is a very nice bird even though he looks a little fluffed out and soft feathered in the picture. Haven't had White Wyandottes for well over 25 years but these seem to be every bit as good as the ones I raised out of my W. Joe Mcqueeny birds back in the 80's. The key to Wyandotte type is when you view from any angle you see no straight lines. It is a bird of many curves. Poor combs, bunny tails and flatsides are the mortal sins of the Wyandotte breed. They are notorious for leg stubble though and must be checked very closely before cooping them in at shows. Like I said this is a breed I am familiar with.
  • Getting a good comb is hard for me on Wyandotte. Don't like like bunny tail on females.You see flat sided birds in other breeds that shouldn't, even oe.