Black Breasted Golden - Page 6 - OEGB Int'l Society

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Black Breasted Golden

Comments

• I kinda like that dutch, Wish I had more room. Gotta save space for when I find the right Cornish, That is my first love.
  • How's the hackle on these males are the clean or like some sdw males and have a little trash?
  • tracytracy AMARILLO,TX.
    THEY ARE NOT CLEAN.
  • Ours are have some trash. In the pictures duckwings look pretty clean.
  • cockofthewalkcockofthewalk Mead, Oklahoma
    Btt
  • Earlobe color is multifactoral ( more than one gene involved). It takes several generations of intense selection to make a dent in removing the white, and it may come back after a couple of generations. Selection, selection, selection!!!
  • When selecting bb females to put under our goldens is there anything to look for that will help with color in the goldens? would ligher color females help?
  • Light or dark not going to matter. You can't tell which ones are carrying the cream gene unless you have bred cream from them and marked them.
  • Thanks Tim. I didn't raise any females that will carry the gene so I was gonna put one male back with his mother and the other I was gonna use over bb females that do not carry the gene to make some that do. Just wondering what to look for in the females that don't carry the gene.
  • His mother would have to carry the gene. If you use other females mark the resulting pullets as carriers for next years matings.
  • This one's still got a few months to go.
  • I'm not sure why he's sideways
  • Here it is Timmy.
    Bill
    20f178eca4ab458595296f0b61d668.jpg
    800 x 715 - 164K
  • He is coming along for you.
    Bill
  • Thanks Bill.
  • how's your other one doing Timmy
  • Good. They look about the same this one seems to be developing just a little faster. I took that pic yesterday before heading to work today. When I get back from the rig next week I'll take a pic of both of them.
  • A
    20131009_083122.jpg
    2560 x 1920 - 1M
    20131009_083106.jpg
    2560 x 1920 - 1M
  • He's coming along Timmy
  • Ya I wish his color was a little more even in his back and wing. But other than that I'm happy. I'll try to get some pics of the other one over the next few days. I've got some eggs set from his parents now so hopefully I can get a good female to breed back 2 his dad.