Black Breasted Golden - Page 5 - OEGB Int'l Society

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Black Breasted Golden

Comments

• No one has said these birds have been crossed with Dutch, that is one well known source for the gene. It may well be a simple or similar mutation in this line of BB Red.
    The introduction of another breed of any kind will introduce type issues to work through. The color is the easy part, the body type and feather type that makes a bird a certain breed is always the hard part.
    As to the birds DW has demonstrating what appears to be crème only DW and where ever he got the start from or possibly where that person got their start from would know for certain and even then only if they were the one to make the cross if it even happened at all.
  • Yeah Carl and this is good to explain this deal. I, at one time got some Creme Dutch as you know with thoughts of working on the Golden DW's but gave the whole deal up as you know. I do like these birds as they do not have the black in the hackle which is what I was wanting to do with the GDW.
    Thanks for sharing your thoughts on this subject.
    Bill
  • No problem Bill, anytime. It takes years and numbers to get somewhere when any cross is made even within a breed and variety it can take a long time to get rid of what you introduce unintentionally.
  • Bill, did you hatch any if the creme bb's from Randy's birds?
  • Thank you Carl. Any thoughts on what would cause such a mutation?
  • tracytracy AMARILLO,TX.
    RANDY IS A MASTER BREEDER OF BB GOLDEN,S OR CREAMS.
  • There is probably a color gene they are carrying that is a diluter of red and is recessive since it has to be inherited from both sides from what I underrstand of the color. Which is very little. LOL
  • If you understand very little i must understand nothing because it sounds like your ahead of me
  • i have got to quit looking at this thread. the more i look and read about these the more i want a pair. lord knows i dont need another color of oe. im trying to cut back allready. lol
  • Bill, did you hatch any if the creme bb's from Randy's birds?
    I have not hatched any as of today but am hoping the future holds some for me.
    Bill
    I HAVE 3 PINK BANDED FEMALES AND THERE DAD WAS A GOLDEN BUT NEVER GOT EVEN 1 GOLDEN THIS YR.
  • The cream will rise to the top eventually.
  • Not to mention the removal of the white ear lobes.
    Bill
    I think the slate legs may be a problem also.
  • I had some Fawn Goldens that sported out of Fawn Reds, Sold them at the Jamboree 4 or 5 years ago.
  • Slate legs not a problem if you put white legs on the male side in your first cross. All females will come with white legs and males slate carrying one white gene. White leg pullets back to Males carrying white will give you a 25% chance of getting white leg males and females with the cream gene. Earlobes are another matter.
  • Dutch

03d39457582e413a927fe498c4d23c3a[1].JPG
    1024 x 681 - 95K
  • Slate legs not a problem if you put white legs on the male side in your first cross. All females will come with white legs and males slate carrying one white gene. White leg pullets back to Males carrying white will give you a 25% chance of getting white leg males and females with the cream gene. Earlobes are another matter.
    Thank you. How would you deal with the ear lobes? Is it just a matter of hatching a lot and culling alot?
    KEEP THIS ON THE 1ST PAGE GOOD STUFF THAT,S WHAT DW SAID.
  • The earlobe is just a numbers game, so is the OE type it takes numbers to what you are looking for and it takes years to get rid of what you don't want to see. Some things can sneak back in after not being seen for several generations.