Black Breasted Golden - Page 4 - OEGB Int'l Society

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Black Breasted Golden

Comments

• How do u make these?
  • They are a sport that come out of a line of bbs
  • Do u have any forsale
  • Sorry i don't. They are pretty hard to come by
  • Alright thanks
  • tracytracy AMARILLO,TX.
    DW COULD HOOK YOU UP,WELL MAYBE NOT.
    DW, TOLD ME TO BRING THIS BACK TO THE TOP.LOL.
  • I don't have any to let go, however good luck on making them.
    20130823_194945.jpg
    3264 x 2448 - 2M
    20130823_195030.jpg
    3264 x 2448 - 2M
    20130823_195003.jpg
    3264 x 2448 - 3M
  • Randy do you plan to show any of your golden bbs this year?
  • I don't have any to let go, however good luck on making them.
    Making them isn't that hard, just cross them with creme light brown dutch, getting that body and type would be the challenge.
    NICE DW THE NEXT BIG THING.
  • Not to mention the removal of the white ear lobes.
    Bill
  • Well good luck on making them to look like these. You may make the color but you won't have as good as these birds. I will chalange you genetic experts to breed some up and post what you come up with.
  • That Genetic EXPERT leaves a whole bunch of us behind DW. Especially me!
    Bill
  • edited August 2013
    Bill, I'm pretty sure you are already ahead if those that try the challenge.
  • Randy? Are you going to be anywhere near me this weekend? I'm off Thur. through Monday.
    Bill
  • Yeh I can come up...
  • Would be good to see you My friend. Let me know when you make plans to be here.
    Bill
  • edited August 2013
    I know that the people saying that these birds are a result of introducing dutch blood to this line of bbs are way more educated on the subject than I, but I'm not sold on these birds having cream light brown Dutch in them. At least not any time in the last 40 years or so. I understand that the gene has to come from somewhere but what would a person have to gain by adding this to his bbs? It seems like it would be a huge step back. I can't see what this would offer in type or color for a bb.
  • You need to get the Creme Gene from somewhere and if you was just starting to try to make them that would be a choice of where to get it from. Yes it would take considerable time to get to where you wanted to be but it would get you there, eventually.
    Bill