Rain - OEGB Int'l Society

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Rain

Are all you folks in the Southeast as tired of this rain as I am? Its rained almost every day and I mean in buckets too! Got 3 inches the last two days alone. Along with the rain comes the humidity(97%), and it really wears this old body out. Some days I have to change shirts 3 or 4 times due to the sweat. Its hard on the birds too. I really have to watch out for moldy feed in the feed cups and do all that I can to keep the birds dry. Its a great time for the Pox so watch out for it.

Comments

• Im tired of the rain myself my chicken yard and cages stay wet. So i just gota keep cleaning. Gets boring
  • You get used to it in Louisiana and so do the birds. Unfortunately it is hard to keep them lookin good.
  • No rain in OKLAHOMA hot and dry.
  • Not much here in southeastern Idaho. Send some this way, we'll take it!
  • edited July 2013
    14 inches in last 5 days here ...also Rained every day for the 3 weeks are seems like it anyways ....
  • I have finally had 2 days rain free after 6 straight. But unfortuantley looks as I have more on the way. Gonna have to buy some floaties lol.
  • nboonnboon Princeton Texas
    We here in Texas need a good long rain for the hay
  • If you will notice, part of the nation is flooding and another part is in a drought. Dust or mud take your pick little in between. It moves to different areas each year.
  • tracytracy AMARILLO,TX.
    WE HAVEN'T HAD 14 INCH IN THE LAST 3 YRS.I BET
  • There a town on the Fla Ga line that got 21 inchs in the same time frame ....
  • You folks out west need some rain and we are drowning here in the Southeast. We now have a potential hurricane headed our way for this weekend. I would love for some sunshine to dry us out but it looks like it will be a while. I guess its the humidity that affects me most. I can just stand still for 10 minutes and get drenched in sweat. Can't keep it out of my eyes either.
  • Barry I have the same problem sweat in the eyes I went to Walmart and got me some head bans I my look like chichichong but my eyes are dry LOL
  • Do they really work Tim? If so, I'll go get some today. My eyes burn like crazy when sweat gets in them so I have to constantly stop what I'm doing and wipe my face.
  • Give them a try they work for me.
  • Will do and thanks!
  • edited July 2013
    Raining here again. KInda looks spooky. The wind is blowing, temperatures are mild, heavy cloud cover and rain. Reminds me of the way it looks just before a hurricane.
  • We have a potential tropical storm coming toward us this weekend Kdog. We really need more rain...LOL It's rained almost every day here.
  • Same here Barry... We are now 15 inchs of rain over FOR THE YEAR and its just July ....
  • Better get yourself a boat Marvin! It looks like we may get another big dose!