Feed - OEGB Int'l Society

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Feed

I was wondering what protein should I feed to hens. I have been feeding 22% .
Thanks Jeff

Comments

• 16% is usually sufficient,but alot of people have their on special blend.
  • I use 16% layer and give greens , dog food, table scraps... but normally just 16% layer.
  • I use a 22% for the most part but when females are older then 3 that requires lower protein levels or it could cause health issues.
  • I'm feeding 16% layer pellets right now but will switch over to Flight Conditioner (20%), this fall. I also feed a game cock scratch that is 20%.
    Barry
  • tracytracy AMARILLO,TX.
    I FEED LAYING CRUMBLES 200 LBS, ONE 40 LB BAG OF SMALL BLACK SUNFLOWER SEEDS AND 25 LBS OF GAME COCK FLIGHT CONDITIONER. MIX IT UP IN A 50 GALLON BARREL.SEEMS TO WORK FOR ME.
  • 864dmsc864dmsc US
    edited April 2012
    I feed half and half 16% layer crumbles and 20% gamebird flight conditioner along with a little scratch, greens and boiled eggs right now. Know someone that feeds a handful of wheat every couple of days soaked in water with a little red cell for a day or so and his birds feal really good. Gonna give this a try instead of the scratch and see how it does.
  • im with tim,,,16% layer crumble,,greens,vegies every now an then and they look great all the time....C-2-da-man

man this new sight has got me all turned around...did we lose all the info from the old site???
  • yes and the club is making another... Nice to see u c man