WHAT 5 COLORS OF O.E. WIN THE MOST. - Page 7 - OEGB Int'l Society

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

WHAT 5 COLORS OF O.E. WIN THE MOST.

Comments

• I will have to disagree. Both black and whites can have tons of color flaws. . Blacks and white males some times have weak wing bows. Not to mention forigen color that can creep up on both varities. I judges a big show one time. I did not judge OE. When I got the champ OE out. (black). He had a red feather in his hackle. That is a DQ in a black.
  • A judge cannot judge birds on the difficulty of the breed or variety. The have to judge by the standard.
  • anthony did you d q him ?
  • edited June 2013
    ill guess you didnt as they probably would have found you in that barn hanging from a rafter by your testacles , but youre still here
  • Lol!!!!!!!!!
  • I agree anthony
  • I would think that if all factors were equal, the parti-colored bird should win.
  • barry , i wonder why you would say that , sounds like a conflict of interest to me
  • I agree with you Barry, how many solid colored birds compete for BB
  • edited June 2013
    ill guess you didnt as they probably would have found you in that barn hanging from a rafter by your testacles , but youre still here
    Best of Breed was as far as he went. I call it like I see it.
  • So we should just go and kill all our solid color birds I guess .
  • I would think that if all factors were equal, the parti-colored bird should win.
    I doubt you will ever find 2 birds that are equal.
  • Color is second to shape
  • barry , i was just bugging you , since you raise bbs
  • anthony to me you call it as you see it , i have no problem with that , the problem is those who dont call it as they see it
  • Even in points? honestly, who still uses the scale of points now a days in the showroom. It is all comparison judging.
  • This is my first year showing OE. I have 2 pr of BBReds, a couple of blacks which have only done 3rd at best, but I keep them just because they have the sweetest dispositions. I hope to buy some better quality blacks, prefer to start with peeps. Anyone know of any for sale? that will ship? Also, my personal favorite are the self blues! I could stand and look at them all day, BUT I heard the judges don't really like them, any thoughts on that? Has anyone ever seen one win outside of it's own variety and color class?
  • If you take the test you better know the points cuts
  • They are a few judges out there that does know the standard
  • tracytracy AMARILLO,TX.
    THE BEST JUDGES KNOW CHICKENS BETTER THAN THE STANDARD.