WHAT 5 COLORS OF O.E. WIN THE MOST. - Page 6 - OEGB Int'l Society

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

WHAT 5 COLORS OF O.E. WIN THE MOST.

Comments

• Wonderfully put raven
  • Ok help me here if you got a White a BB and a Black on the roll all male birds And there your top three OK !!! Problem is there all equal and score out the same ... How do you pic them 123 ?
  • I personally think solid colored birds have more ground to make up to beat a bird with good type and color. I take the BB if type is equal.
  • Greg that was my thought with the scenario that if all where equal on type and conditioning getting the bb there prob a lil harder than the solid colored birds. Just my opinion
  • You'll just need to get you some whites and try to keep clean and in condition
  • Like jenkins said keeping a white clean is a heck of a job.
  • tracytracy AMARILLO,TX.
    AMEN ON THAT,I GIVE ALL RESPECT TO THE WHITE BREEDERS.
  • tracytracy AMARILLO,TX.
    YOU ARE CORRECT GREG MULTI-COLORED BIRD SHOULD WIN IF THEY ARE EVEN.IT,S IN THE STANDARD.
  • I Agree 100% mr Jenkins and Gregg . White breeders have all my respect
  • Parti colored should be favored if both males are the same age however if one is a cock and the other a cockerel I would put the cock ahead,. Not saying I am right. Just the way I look at it.
  • Jenkins I agree just reverting to the satndard lol
  • Would someone show me where it says a parti colored bird should win over a white bird????
  • hippie , if the standard says that , then thats another fault in it
  • No what it saying is shape counts more than color,shape makes the breed,we do judge on type right ???
  • My point is it his harder to breed a colored bird. How many white birds will you cull because they are not white?
  • I live on a creek bottom and have black dirt that stains like tractor grease. No whites for me. Lol
  • edited June 2013
    I agree Greg but whites and blacks have color issues also. Be it no Wing bow or no sheen and you have to breed a super star to even freakin place in blacks and whites. I think all colors present challenges to us all. I enjoy breeding solid and multiple colored birds. Gregg does a super job on his color for his blue wheatens so he has it down for sure.
  • I enjoy looking at great OE no matter what color it is.
  • There are colors I don't find attractive but I can still appreciate them if they are right. I know what it took in the breeding to get them there so they do deserve the respect. I just don't have to be fond of the color. I still think if the parti-colored bird and the solid bird are truly equal the age should be the tie breaker. A cock over a cockerel and a hen over a pullet. Just my way of thinking since the older bird has withstood the test of time and is a finished product. Perhaps it is because I'm old and the years are definitely showing. LOL
  • Your right kdog the old is suppose to win according to the standard.