Selecting BB Red breeders - Page 5 - OEGB Int'l Society

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Selecting BB Red breeders

Comments

• Here is a young cockerel I hope to use for breeding. The photo shows his hackle to be lighter than it is.
    IMG_20120926_185314.jpg
    2048 x 1536 - 289K
    IMG_20120926_185152.jpg
    2048 x 1536 - 262K
    IMG_20120926_185036.jpg
    2048 x 1536 - 268K
    IMG_20120926_185129.jpg
    2048 x 1536 - 325K
    IMG_20120926_185334.jpg
    2048 x 1536 - 338K
  • tracytracy AMARILLO,TX.
    DW, YOU ARE RIGHT ABOUT LOW TAIL CARRIAGE BUT THE RIGHT COLOR FOR FEMALES.
  • edited September 2012
    This cockerel is a pure Ozee and he will produce nice males and realty nice females.
  • edited September 2012
    The Sheriff BB that Curtis and Wanda have from me had the same low tail but really nice in size deal. His cockerels I bred from him have a lot better set on the tail and retained the size and his females are the yellow band females you took to your place Randy. Sometimes we jump the gun on getting rid of something because of a thing we see like this tail set on this bird and the reason I got rid of the bird Curtis and Wanda has is becuse of the tail set. Had I known I was going to get that kind of females from him I would have kept him. I gave Curtis 2 of the females out of him to put back with him and I am hoping that continues to be a good line for them. I also am hoping they give me a good cockerel from him to work with next year.
    He is nice Randy and if you don't want to mess with him load him on the chicken express and bring him my way.
    Bill
  • Bill do you have any photos of your bbreds? It would be nice to see others post photos of different lines of bbreds.
  • I have a few but nothing new. I will try to get some taken in a spell and post them.
    Bill
  • This is one of my better Sheriff line males.
    20100425_0115.JPG
    600 x 400 - 124K
    nice male bill,you need to show him.
  • Good looking birds Bill!
  • nice male bill,you need to show him.
    I show him every day and love the show! He is a winner when judged at my house, if I took him out to the shows he would lose to y'all's good birds and I might not like him as much! LOL
    Thanks guys!
  • Nice bird Bill. The yellow banded birds feed the possum. You gave me two black banded pullets which are nice.
  • Those are from granpa!
  • Cagle bbred.
    moto_0349.jpeg
    360 x 480 - 127K
  • Tracy if you look closely at the bird above this post it is the reason I don't show! LOL
    That is a nice bird Randy!
    Bill
  • Bill if you will look even closer at the Sheriff bird and you will see why you should show. They might shoot the Sheriff but they did not shoot the deputy.
  • I look at him real close every day and enjoy it the more with your little hen and a TNT hen in the cage with him. I have some eggs in the inc now and will be setting more of them. I sure do hope that little hen you let me have produces more of herself! She is still one of the highlights of my day when I go to their pen to feed. She is some kind of peachy!
    Bill
  • I really like that sheriff bird I'd bet you would do good with him.
    BILL YOUR BIRD IS BETTER BY THE PIC,YOUR BIRD IS A 100.00 DOLLAR BIRD THE BIRD THAT RANDY POSTED IS A 99.00 DOLLAR BIRD.
  • I was thinking mine is 99.99 I may be partial.
    imagejpeg_2_2.jpeg
    360 x 480 - 123K
  • Tail shape?
    imagejpeg_2_5.jpeg
    360 x 480 - 135K