Blue Wheaten old english - Page 6 - OEGB Int'l Society

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Blue Wheaten old english

Comments

• nboonnboon Princeton Texas
    Crossing blue wheaten and silver duck wing or sport to blue wheatens
  • nboonnboon Princeton Texas
    Here Garrett I have this pic of your hen.
    Her tails gone now mid molt
  • I but them together for lack of a blue wheaton rooster or a sport hen so hopefully ill get some of each I can use both hens are setting now
  • The sport with the blue wheaton hens lol the silver duck wings are in thier own pen
  • up and coming pullets,
    DSCF0266.JPG
    3072 x 2304 - 3M
  • Here's a cull, that I used for breeding..
    20130718_103732.jpg
    3264 x 2448 - 4M
  • If a Cockeral has a green sheen in half of his sickles then that should end him right? or is it possible that it will molt out.
  • green sheen in a blue variety is something you don't want, it's not a DQ, but point deduction,
  • Tater we going to make judges out of you and Otis and Keith, I hear Otis has done started his apprentice last month in Kentucky get you boys out of the show room LOL
  • tracytracy AMARILLO,TX.
    I WOULD LET OTIS JUDGE MY BIRDS ANY TIME,HE KNOWS NOT ONLY O.E.HE CAN PICK THEM.
  • Thanks Tater he is gone tomorow, didnt know if it could be from stress or it would molt out . But knew that it wasnt wanted.
  • if your blue wheatens are a female line i think it is ok. now if hes a male line bird you forsure dont want to use him.
  • i agree with tater that green sheen looks bad on blue birds. alot of blue red males has this problem.
  • would really like to have judging license.
  • tater,how much u give for a license
  • What are you waiting on get started I will help you.
  • He is a female line bird it is only about 3/4 of an inch on the bottom half of one feather I like every thing else about him so I might extend his life a lil longer
  • 911 what color bird is he,i do not pay it a lot of attention in cockerals,could just be stress. the bluewheatons are very easy to stress the males,90% do no have it as cocks
  • edited July 2013
    He has a deeper blue than the others I have raised this year ,and as I its only 3/4 an inch on one sickle guess I will pull it and see if it comes back . Really liked him as he has great feather width and I like his type guess I will just wait and see hoping it was just stress.
  • edited July 2013
    sports
    IMG_1235.JPG
    768 x 1024 - 486K