Blue Wheaten old english - Page 2 - OEGB Int'l Society

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Blue Wheaten old english

Comments

• The male is a wheaten not blue wheaten?
  • nboonnboon Princeton Texas
    I know I just thought I'd just post him to that's my breeding trio for female line birds
  • edited March 2013
    Here's my blue wheaten pullet...Sorry for her heading hiding...Lol

• Chai you are getting some nice birds gathered up!
    Bill
    That looks exactly like one of my hens
  • Thanks Bill, I'm putting her to a wheaten cockerel and hoping to get some more nice blue wheaten females...
  • tracytracy AMARILLO,TX.
    WHO HAS THE BEST BLUE WHEATENS AROUND LET US HEAR.
  • Greg has the best ones I have seen.
    Bill
    I second that
  • Steve Ledford is mr blue wheaten in my book Steve has awesome birds
  • Joyce Tanner and Jerry seem to be coming on with them and have seen some awesome females. Haven't seen theor males.
  • Steve Ledford has the best but Greg garrison has some super ones also and is coming on strong with them . Both guys have A+ birds
    WHAT EVER HAPPEN TO GRIZZLE OR GRISSLE HE HAD SOME AWESOME BLUE WHEATENS.
    ALSO JIM SALEE HAD SOME NICE ONES AT BAKERFIELD LAST MONTH.
  • When you talk about the best of any variety I think you have to add qualifiers. When I think about the best I think of someone that has good birds year after year and wins with them. Just like in sports anybody can get beat on a given day but some teams post great wins year after year. There seems to be more and more good Blue Wheatens but Steve has history behind his birds. I think that anybody raising Blue Wheatens today probably started with some of Steve's birds or has introduced them to their flock at some time, maybe unknowingly.
  • That is why I called him mr blue wheaten Greg there is a lot of good ones out there but the majority have some of Steve's blood
  • Steves birds are really good.
    Yup
  • mr bluewheaton,thanx jenkins you aint started drinkin have ya lol.i am just a dumb ol hick that gets lucky every now and then.
    Mrs Tanner got start from birds she named pretty boy,,gypsy rose and lil bit.hurt myself a lil bit sending her those birds but am very proud of what her and Mr Tanner are doin with them,very nice folks.she sent some pitures of the 2012 pullets and they looked like contendres wnen they get grown.
    thanx for all the kind words
    Steve
  • DC (tony)Grizzle is back to raisin chickens this year,he had a hrad time keepin up with everything when his mom got sick,him and his sister kept her comfortable till she passed at home.believe me it is hard to take care your parents and loved ones at home,takes a lot out of a man