CRELE - Page 3 - OEGB Int'l Society

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

CRELE

Comments

• The wife's new crele female and a male Ronny Ledford is sending her from his female line crele. I'll get pics of him when he gets here.
    image.jpg
    640 x 960 - 222K
    image.jpg
    640 x 960 - 195K
  • NICE!!!!
  • edited March 2013
    Here's my Crele cockerel...Missing some of his sickle feathers :(...What's his fault so I could improve him...l know he has one grey tail feather on the other side which it's no bueno but hopefully I could improve that...Also his sickles doesn't seem to be barred correctly, too much black...

IMG_2117
  • I have culled many very good creles because of solid or partially black sickle feathers and only bred from males that had no solid and it doesn't matter I still get some every year with partially or solid sickles, Last year I raised 2 cockerels that are the best I have ever raised, One is prefect with no hint of dark sickles, The other has a dark sickle and a dark secondary sickle, I am breeding out of both of them and will see what happens.

On your bird the sickle feather I see looks to be bared ok to me, he has 2 white wing bars that is good, It is hard to tell to much without a good side profile, His tail seems to small and low set and makes it look out of balance to his body
  • Thanks Ron...I hope his tail finish out nicely once it's fully grown...
  • edited March 2013
    Here's a short clip of him along with the pullets...

• Nice vid Chai.
    Bill
  • Thanks...I always enjoy watching video clips of other people's birds as well because that keeps me motivated... :)
  • Wayne did you meet Judy Shultheis while at the Florida Panhandle show? She was showing Creles.
    Bill
  • what do yall of this little pullet
    051.JPG
    4608 x 3456 - 4M
  • Will some one post a pic here of crele chicks. I am thinking they may look like a bb, sdw and gdw. I'm needing to know what part of my hatching tray they can go in.
  • HERE IS MY MALE I GOT FROM MIKE PARRISH.THIS BIRD WAS NOT FOR SALE BUT I BOUGHT HIM I SURE LIKE HIM WAS GONNA SHOW HIM AT BEAYMONT BUT HE WENT INTO HEAVY MOLT LOOK OUT NEXT YEAR
    CREL.jpg
    720 x 960 - 86K
  • males are easy to tell, females look the same as bb chicks
  • Ron, are you saying the eye stripe is the way to tell male from a female. Or will the males look different
  • Males have large golden spots all over there head and don't even look like a chipmunk marking
  • Faint to no striping and a down color cloudy in appearance with no real distinct markings are males. Females look like BB Red females chicks with very distinct eye stripe and striped back.
  • Ok thanks guys! This is our first time with crele. And trying to get everything lined out before the eggs are due to hatch.
  • Is this what the Crele males look like?
    image.jpg
    640 x 960 - 100K
  • Ok thanks Ron! I got this pic off of another site and from what you described I figured this was right