CRELE - OEGB Int'l Society

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

CRELE

TELL ME WHAT YALL THINK OF THIS COCKERAL
CRELE COCKERAL 004.JPG
4928 x 3264 - 4M

Comments

• good color on top, wide body, wings up alittle, main sickle looks to have to much black. put that type on your gingers
  • THANKS WHAT IS THE SICKLE. WILL YOU EXPLAIN TO ME BECAUSE IM JUST GETTING STARTED AND IM ONLY 14
  • Tater is right. Good hackle and saddle; good type. Carries his wings a little bit low and the main sickle is not evenly barred. Appears to be trimmed a little too low at least for me.
  • WHAT COULD I DO TO EVEN UP HIS BARRING AND PULL UP HIS WINGS
  • c-z bantams, I think they're in utah, two good females
  • Sickle is the top 2 longer tail feathers
  • the sickle or main streamer, longest tail feather. its is subposed to be barred. no big black sections,no big white sections.
  • I show against C&Z Bantams. They have nice crele!
    Your bird is nice, his wings need to be higher and tighter... Should be able to see part of the feathered part of his legs. His sickle has a sold black spot and his comb was dubbed to low. All of these things (except the Dub) have to be corrected through breeding practices. But all in all he is a good bird and a great start into crele's. Good luck.
  • THANKS DOES C&Z BANTAMS HAVE A PROFILE ON THIS WEBSITE
  • Main sickle ; Baring a little uneven
    Hackle; A few solid red hackle feathers
    Dub ; To low
    Wing ; to low
    Wing color ; Nice barring on wing
    Saddle; Needs longer saddle hackles
    Would like to see longer secondary sickles
    Overall it is not a bad bird, paired with the right females it could do good
  • I APPRECIATE ALL THE HELP AND ADVISE YALL ARE GIVING ME. IM ONLY FOURTEEN AND IM WANTING TO TRY AND START SHOWING AND AFTER READING ALL THE DICUSSIONS I FIGURED YAL WOULD BE THE BEST TO GET ADVISE FROM. THANKS AGAIN
  • No C&Z Bantams isn't on the web at all to my knowledge.
  • Just getting started on crele variety. Here's rooster I got to start my breeding program.
    IMG_20121215_101712.jpg
    1536 x 2048 - 497K
  • He's got his issues but nothing that can't be dealt with over next two or three years
  • I'm setting up a project on the side with some slow maturing bb red x crele. Plan is to slow down feather growth to help with barring. I know it will help with the v barring and maybe the overall barring. But when you do this you'll get what they call intermediates there a darker version of the crele. Not good for anything but to improve your crele. Your best bet would be to stick with what you got for few years and breed the ones that best fit the standard. Get a few years under your belt do your research then you'll be better prepared for projects to improve on your birds even more. Remember to always look for type when picking your breeders more so than color.
  • Same bird he's going on three years now

IMG_20121215_101657.jpg
    1536 x 2048 - 504K
  • He's got a little better wing carriage than he's showing in pick. He's a little aggravated here I'll take better pic and you'll see what he means about longer saddle feathers they should hand over tips of wings a bit
  • tracytracy AMARILLO,TX.
    NICE RICH COLORED BIRD ALOT OF CRELOS ARE FADDED OUT.
  • Good color and type from what I can see. Looks like some solid colored tail feathers. A decent bird overall and one worth breeding.
  • A few of mine from this year before dubbing and a pullet I really like
    2012-10-29 13.33.52.jpg
    3264 x 2448 - 3M
    2012-10-29 13.45.55.jpg
    3264 x 2448 - 4M
    2012-10-29 13.47.02.jpg
    3264 x 2448 - 4M
    2012-10-29 13.41.20.jpg
    3264 x 2448 - 3M