Project Buff - Page 6 - OEGB Int'l Society

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Project Buff

Comments

• Are you not separating the buff females from the wheaten's so you can track what made what?
  • The Buff projects are looking good guys and I hope all has success in thehatching of them this year.
    Bill
  • Dusty I am, I just brought him back from the show after quarintine and putting them together for a week to let him breed and then seperate the pens and start collecting eggs. Just trying to get a jump on things.
  • Keep me posted on how your blue wheaten cross come out.I'm gonna hatch just straight buff this year and do a little out crossing next year.
  • Randal, I see what your saying, good thinking!
  • Handy, why don't you put a Wheaten sport female next to the Buff male and slip him over every couple of days just for some type improvment?
    Bill
  • That's my plan but I figured at this time of year no one would have some really good type females to spare that's why I was gonna wait for next year if someone had one or two extra id be intrested though
  • Bill, why are you suggesting a sport? Won't the Wheaten's be just as good for type improvement?
  • Yes it would be but why should you enter black of the Wheaten in. With the Blue Wheaton sport being White instead of Black.
    I just thought the introduction of the white in the sport would be better than the black of the Wheaten for Buff. It looks like you have a rich Buff color.
    Bill
  • Myself Bill would have loved to use the Sport Wheatens but dont have any if you happened to know where I could aquire some HINT HINT would gladly ensure delivery of some offspring.

• I see what you mean Bill
  • Myself Bill would have loved to use the Sport Wheatens but dont have any if you happened to know where I could aquire some HINT HINT would gladly ensure delivery of some offspring.

Surely there are some closer than me. I could let a couple go but the shipping to you would be probably 70 or 75 dollars and then a shipper box.
    How bad do you want them?
    Bill
  • I need to make a call or 2 before I pull the trigger IDK if anyone around me would have any the quality I need closest is prob north georgia. I know that shipping would be a lil pricey but coming from someone like yourself I know that the quality would be worth it. Send me pm with your price for the birds and how many you have that you could spare.
  • These birds actually came from Greg Garrison and are very nice. I am using them for breders but am through with them for now. Hopefully I will have the 2nd generation to work with now so I won't be needing all of the ones I have.
    Bill
  • SET my FIRST EGGS TODAY hopefully in 21 days ill have babys in da brooder
  • John Harvy in Florida has some real typy blue wheatons Randall. Perhaps you can get a sport from him. Didn't you speak to him in Pensacola?
  • Randall, are you getting any of the Buffs hatched yet? I forgot to ask you last night when we talked.
    Bill
  • Yeah rode with him to pensacola. He didnt havr any sports. Bill set the first ones last night.
  • Sounds good Randal!
    Bill
  • Felix in Kiln, Mississippi has been hatching a bunch of blue wheaton. He got his from Greg Garrisin(Boggycreek). He might be able to hook tou up with sports.