Cant Judge a Bird By His Picture. - OEGB Int'l Society

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Cant Judge a Bird By His Picture.

scratchscratch Mannsville, Oklahoma
edited March 2012 in Somethin' to Crow About
I thought this would be a good topic to talk about. Being as we post alot of pics of birds. In my opinion, chickens are pretty difficult to get a good quality picture of. And sometimes I think we may judge a picture a little too harsh. Sometimes I have noticed in my own birds that maybe that snap=shot just doesnt do that particular bird justice. Here is a couple of pics for example. This is the same bird on 2 different days. As you can tell this bird felt better and looks better in the second pic. The first pic he was standing on a slick surface and probably uncomfortable to him. In the second pic he is in his home turf and on this particular day he had those wings pulled up like he was wadeing water.
low wing.jpg
600 x 400 - 150K
same bird.jpg
600 x 399 - 149K

Comments

• scratchscratch Mannsville, Oklahoma
    Here is another picture of a bird that I use as my avatar. I thought watching this guy grow up. He was the best bird I had raised. And from the picture he looks nice. What is hard to see is that he has about 3 brown specks at the top of his breast. I was advised to cull him and that is what I did. But my point is pictures are sometimes hard to read. Just something to think about.
    2011 bbred #1.jpg
    431 x 417 - 40K
  • brown specks on the chest - that's what one of mine have, and he passed it to his son. Safe to say he's no longer a show or breeding bird. Too bad, the one in the 3rd picture was well put together. Really love the coloring on all these guys!
    I thought I would post another picture that I had in my library. Have you ever seen one of the top breeder/shower in the nation show a low wing carriage bird? I havent. But look at this picture. Just another example of how photos are not always correct.
    Barnes BB Red.jpg
    600 x 463 - 106K
  • Those are photos of some great looking BB Reds scratch! If you bird was showing brown in his breast as a cockerel, you were right to get rid of him. The color on your birds is really good!
    Thanks Barry, I do like them though I do have hatching issues.
  • What are your hatching issues scratch?
    I dont get alot of eggs from them?