Red Pyles - Page 6 - OEGB Int'l Society

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Red Pyles

Comments

• scratchscratch Mannsville, Oklahoma
    Here is a cock bird that I will be using. He is a little dark. I'm curious to see what comes out of him.
    dscn2972.jpg
    640 x 480 - 135K
    Here is a cockerel that I got from Troy. Anxious to see what kind of babies he throws.
    dscn3000.jpg
    640 x 480 - 136K
    Here is another one that I raised this last season. He is young, about 6 or 7 months but he is really taking shape. He is a brother to the pullet posted above.
    dscn2961.jpg
    640 x 480 - 126K
  • thanks for the pictures. do u breed the darker males to the females that are light in color? i bet its a balance thing. im very interested in red pyle female lines.
    This is all new to me ky_bbreds. He may be too dark. He is a little darker than his dad. But he is real typee. I'll will probably put him with a real light hen.
  • edited January 2014
    Scratch, the pullet I posted is out of a male that is colored real similar to the darker male you posted. It's hard to say by picture, but the one I bred may be a tad darker. Plus, I bred him to male line hen to produce her. Now her brothers are to dark for breeding females, but evidently she just inherited her sires color. As you can see by her pic, she is really light.. she's white, just dirty because of being in the brood pen. I wish she had smoother breast color, but, she is what she is.. just my 2 cents

By the way, I really like the type of your males, especially the lighter colored cockerel in the 2nd pic. Well, all 3 are typey.
  • do you guys use the pullets that come nearly white? i would think using a little darker male over the light hackled white females. i heard a guy once call the solid white females sports.
  • You can get Red Pyle from a BB Red X White, right? How well colored are the off spring? ~:>
    Ned I think Bill Trammel needs to weigh in on this. He has actually done it I believe and seems that he had to deal with black ticking? He can tell you more than I could.
  • if you do cross a BBred to a white to get red pyle which should be the BBred, cock or hen? will you get some first generation cross?
    BonnieW
    Afton NY
  • BB male over White female . Color comes from your males.

Southeast All Game Show in Atoka Okla. Red Pyle 

BV   Troy Vannoy  K

RV   scratch          P

dscn3148.jpg
    640 x 480 - 125K
    dscn3141.jpg
    640 x 480 - 124K
  • Troy v is a great breeder of old english
  • Troy v is a great breeder of old english
    Absolutely!
  • 2 super nice red pyles. great color and type.
    Troy had a nice trio of male line at the show for sale and it was all the self-discipline I could muster not to buy them. The cockerel he had for sale I think was a little nicer in type then the one he showed. If I were looking for male line, I would deff. be giving him a call.
  • Nice birds Troy & Scratch..
  • do you have to keep red pyles away for dirrect sun light? will it turn them yellow if they get to much sun?
    I haven't had any issues with it though I have quite a few shade trees. Troy told me that there isn't any issues with it and he has no shade?