Red Pyles - Page 3 - OEGB Int'l Society

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Red Pyles

Comments

• scratchscratch Mannsville, Oklahoma
    edited June 2013
    ASK SCRATCH THAT.
    Thanks for the confidence Tracy, but I think there are a lot more qualified people out there. Troy Vannoy is who I received my birds from. Mr. Bill Wulf would be another one to ask. Also Mr. Price (of Hipps & Price) is also an authority on Red Pyle.

Personally my opinion is start with good birds from one of these guys and color will be the least of your problems compared to other varieties.....Now that I think about it, I would have to say that I believe a male line would present more problems as far as color goes than a female line.

edited June 2013
    I forgot to mention I haven't even got any hatched off yet. The storms knocked my electricity out for 3 days. Lost some eggs but my family is healthy and we still have a house. So all is good here. Still prayin for all the people in and around OKC and Moore.
  • red pyles what do you think them
    chickens3 0333.jpg
    600 x 450 - 119K
  • Beautiful Birds!! one of my favorite colors
  • I have a set of red pyles I made here at the house crossed a female line bb red cockerel to a white hen and made mine. he looks nice by the way.
    BTT
    3a630a2266fb654d0617d0e8643512.jpg
    640 x 480 - 124K
  • She's sure nice Ernie..
    Thanks Jeff, I hope I have better luck hatching them off this next year.
  • I could get the feaver if i knew i could raise some just as 1/2 as good as her.
    I don't know about the fever Jerry but if they don't lay anybetter than they did last season I am going to be sick.LoL
  • Try crushed red pepper
    thanks Jeremy. Does that work for you? I may have to try it.
  • tracytracy AMARILLO,TX.
    ernie you got them going your way.nice.
    Thanks Tracy but I take no credit in my Red Pyles. I am just the reproducer of what I received from Troy. He gave me some good birds to start with.
  • Crushed Red Pepper has worked in the past for me on most of my varieties of Old English, but has not worked very well on my Barnes females for some reason. I think the reason it promotes egg production is because it makes the birds drink more and the extra water intake is good for egg production. This is only a theory though.
  • same theory here
  • edited November 2013
    i
    Thanks raven.
  • Where do you put the chili pepper or crushed pepper. Do you just crush it up or mix it their water or feed?
  • edited November 2013
    !