White OE - Page 7 - OEGB Int'l Society

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

White OE

Comments

• cockofthewalkcockofthewalk Mead, Oklahoma
    Yes, the basic type is a very broad back,round form when handling the bird and must be very tight! I won the Hardfeather bantam division at our SA champs with the stag in the second pic and the judge told me it was mainly based on the handling of the bird! We do not care much about tails but that is the reason I would like to import OE from USA, mainly to get our over-all appearance of OE balanced!..
    I was told by the USDA today that you must apply for an Import Permit in your country and if they issue you one then fax it to the USDA here in Oklahoma and they will help you meet requirements. I understand that you can only purchase day old chicks.

• Cockofthewalk,Thank you so much for finding this out for me! I alsothought of importing chicks but there is so much hassles regarding the documentation and quarintine arrangements! I am trying to arrange for the impotation of eggs but are still bumping some red flags!! Have you heard them say anything about exporting eggs?? Muller
    No eggs I'm told. USDA will verify here for your documentation. You just need to apply for the permit.
  • Oh ok, then I will have to get some chicks!
  • The export Certificate for Breeder grade live birds, Eggs for any purpose, and other poultry is $48, there is a $115 fee per shipment for Vet Certificates. All shipments can be handled through the US Postal Service sub-contracted to Fed Ex. So with the exception of the cost of the birds and transport on the US end you are looking at under $200 in export fees.
  • Hai Cjarvis, this does not sound too hard! I am going to start with the process! How long do you think must the birds be in quarintine?
  • That will be on your end in SA, I think based on past experience exporting other products to africa that may be based on a little $$ I would think with solid health papers and vet checks from the US you would be looking at a very short period. I know here it is 4-6 weeks when coming from europe or britian but many countries cannot export to us although we can ship to them.
    Game cocks going to Thialand and the philipines are only quarantined 7-10 days, Mexico has no quarantine period only an import fee. So the SA import may be fairly simple too.
    SA may only allow imports for meat or egg improvement. Exhibition birds may be considered as being used for "sporting purpose". Probably need to declare them as layers.
  • I think I shoul rather classify the birds under layers! These people are quite difficult to make arrangements with! LOL
  • actually a "pet" bird has the shortest period even here in the US Breeders, and others are quarantined much longer.
  • this is my first post on this site and i was wondering what u thought of some of my white old english cock birds
    moto_0572.jpg
    1200 x 1600 - 274K
    moto_0571.jpg
    1200 x 1600 - 248K
    moto_0574.jpg
    1200 x 1600 - 228K
    moto_0091.jpg
    1200 x 1600 - 305K
    002.jpg
    1200 x 1600 - 219K
  • tracytracy AMARILLO,TX.
    SEVERAL OF THEM LOOK NICE,THE 4TH PIC TO HIGH ON THE TAIL CARRIAGE LOOKS LIKE A JAP TYPED BIRD.YOU NEED A GOOD U IN THE BACK THE 4TH ONE HACKLE RUNS INTO HIS TAIL.THE 1ST PIC LOOKS LIKE A KEEPER.GOOD LUCK.
  • edited July 2012
    Welcome markf to the site and glad you posted your whites on here. Looks like you are on your way! Where are you from? I am in McAlester, Ok.
    Bill
  • Nice whites to work with
  • markf, what is the bird in the show pen? He has good appearance and where was this picture taken?
  • Nice bird in pic 5
  • it was at the ohio nationals last year
  • its a green bird.
  • Looks white to me lol