White OE - Page 2 - OEGB Int'l Society

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

White OE

Comments

• edited March 2012
    Tim those are very nice Whites and I had saw them posted before and someone said I just keep coming back to this picture and I can see why. She is so nice and the picture is great. I need to get to the barn and take me some more pictures to share. I hope a lot of people share photos because the interest doubles with photos. very nice birds.
  • edited March 2012
    I am still interested in someone talking about their knowledge of the stay white gene. I have been doing some work on mine and some of them had the gene when I got them, but I would be able to save a lot of time and error if there was someone willing to share their experiences with me.
  • scratchscratch Mannsville, Oklahoma
    Tim, thanks for posting. I new that you had some nice whites. Hey Bill I have made about a half a dozen shows and the last three I have shown. There is a small percentage of me that shows for compatition and there is a big percentage that shows because I like to look at everyone elses birds and also visit with a bunch of great people. Hey if that offer is extended, I would love to come and look at your birds.
  • It is extended and you are welcome. It wouldn't be a good time for the next few days as my barn is flooded this morning and so it will take a while to get it back in shape. we have probably had 5 inches or so here and it still looks as though it will rain all day long. At least the birds are high and dry. this site is nice and I hope it just continues to get better.
  • cockofthewalkcockofthewalk Mead, Oklahoma
    Bill is that white McGraw female you posted for sale?
  • No I have her in the breeding getting some chicks, I Should have some nice ones to sell here in a while. I have 3 breeding pens of them, we will see
    Bill I understand about the rain. I think my chickens are learning the back stroke. When things dry up and we get all this hatching out of the way. I will get up there on a day that is convenient for you. I will bring ole cockofthewalk with me but you will have to watch him. He will be trying to put those good birds in his pocket.LOL
  • That would be great. If he needs to put what I have in his pocket he is hurting. I saw that Lemon Blue he put on here. Y'all come anytime.
  • Is there anyone who is going to visit about the silver gene in Whites or am I asking something noone wants to talk about? I sure would rather have a silver gene in my whites as a creme Old english so I am trying to work on this problem. The plain white sure does get Brassy when they are in the sun.
  • I'm still learning about geenes in the whites so I can't comment on that.
  • I sure hope someone will share their experiences on it.
  • cockofthewalkcockofthewalk Mead, Oklahoma
    I don't have the the ability to speak with any knowledge either Bill.
    Bill you might talk to JW Hymer. If he doesnt know? than he can put you in contact with Jr. Jenkins, a friend of his that raises some killer whites. Jr. won 2 maybe three shows this season with them.
  • I know the MaGraws I have have it and the Mike Green also, but I want to put it in all my whites.
  • Like I said, I have some experiments going down this year and so next year I will know more about it.
  • That bb red male looks nice, do u got any of them for sale?
  • Yes I do have some for sale. Thanks for asking. Where areyou located?
  • Ridgeville, IN... can u ship and send pics in a email?
  • Sorry Josh, My chickens are Okies and it would make them terribly mad at me to send them in a big ole airplane somewhere. lol, The actual truth is I do not ship birds. It is not that I Couldn't but I just haven't gotten into that and I hope not to.
    I do appreciate the interest though.
  • I am still looking for some comments on Whites and more pictures if anyone has any to share. I know there are a lot of goodens out there if y'all will share with us. lol
    Does anyone know anything or have any pics of the Clanton Whites available?