What do you use to grind feed products? - OEGB Int'l Society

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

What do you use to grind feed products?

I know some of you have mentioned grinding some of the products you add you your chicken feed, can you share what you use to do the grinding?
I am going to be grinding some whole corn and need some good ideas as to what to use to do it!
Thanks!

Comments

• nboonnboon Princeton Texas
    Back to the top also wondering about this subject
  • Grain mill Walmart.com even has them here is a link http://www.walmart.com/ip/Weston-Cereal-and-Multi-Grain-Mill/14223932
    Hope this helps
  • Iam a lazy old fart I want electricity.
    Bill
  • I started using a plain old blender! sometimes you can find them at garage sales, but not so much anymore as everybody is into "smoothies"...sometimes at thrift store, but I'm pretty sure you could find one at walmart and it wouldn't be too pricey. I had to grind up mannapro's conditioner as the pellets were just a bit too large for my OEs. I also put whole oats into it and grind them into a flour texture. I grind up cat food in the blender for them also. I don't think it would work too well with corn though.
    BonnieW
  • I did grind about 2 gallons of corn in the blender, and it did do a great job, but the blender broke all to pieces. We started getting most of our cattle commodities in with auger trucks, so my husband just asked them to put a bin full of cracked corn in on his next load. So I ended up with 6 tons of cracked corn. My barnyard birds are very happy.
    I got the grinder Randall suggested works great is a grinds a little fine
    I got the grinder Randall suggested works great is a grinds a little fine