Silver Duck Wings - Page 2 - OEGB Int'l Society

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Silver Duck Wings

Comments

• Oops, I didn't remember them on here and didn't see it when I posted. Sorry bud.
    Bill
  • scratch those are nice duckwings.
  • scratchscratch Mannsville, Oklahoma
    Bill I would like to see some more pics of your SDWs. What line are they? I would like to see a better pic of that cock bird. In that pic it looks like the hen jumped in front of him and stole the show!Haha
  • Scratch, after looking at your birds I would be ashamed to put mine on here. They are from the Borscher line if I spelled that correctly. They are not as good as what you have. I am holding you to the word that you will save me a few of your culls. Don't forget me. LOL Laughing but not joking!
    Bill
  • Ernie I would like to thank you again for the nice trio of SDW's you brought us and they are nice. Those will fit into my wife's program nicely. We bred 3 different cocks this season and were really surprised that the one we thought would have the best offspring didn't and the one we thought might not be much pumpkin had the best chicks. We hatched several from the favorite one but not so many of the other on but guess who we will rely on this next season? It will be fun to enter your birds into the picture and look at those offsprings to see how it comes out.
    We sorted through the DW females last night and got my wife a half dozen of the pullets to replace some of her hens with. I just wanted to let you know that we appreciated them very much.
    Bill
    Bill, If I remember correctly, I dropped 3 birds on your yard and I left with 6. My way of thinking is you are one of the most gracious people that I know of. You are definatly a plus to our hobby. Ernie
  • Thanks Ernie, I have enjoyed Old English for a long time and if I can help make someones flock more fun to deal with I am happy to do that plus I did raise up close to a thousand birds so I am in need to rid myself of some of the burden and feed bill.
    I hopoe to hatch soem more of those BB'sa from that bird soon and we may have a bigger selection of them in the future. Do you think I might be ahead to put more of those females with him nad ot use the others for a spell? I was thinking it might bebetter to put the better bird with 3 or 4 of those hens with him.
    Bill
  • Yes, I dont know all the details but I believe he took a head park ranger job in Tennessee. He is moving back closer to his folks.
    That's my dream job. I can relate to a man wanting to go back home. I hope to be back in Buffalo River Country some day.

• I hope to be back in Buffalo River Country some day.
    I love it over there! I have spent a lot of time over in Ponca and Jasper!

The Lightning Tree in Lost Valley ~
    scan0015.jpg
    1324 x 790 - 707K
  • Heres one
    IMG_20121002_155016.jpg
    2048 x 1536 - 588K
    5cd085a82fa1dd008b30d0b36a3a0b.jpg
    3296 x 2472 - 648K
    2645e5103284d74345645d047897e1.jpg
    2592 x 1944 - 490K
    edited October 2012
    Garrett that is one wild tree!
    Duncan, I am partial to Mountain Home!
    Here is a son to the cockerel that I posted at the beginning of this thread. Freshly dubbed! His daddy is going through a molt right now, but when he finishes out I will try and get a picture of him?
    dscn0303.jpg
    800 x 600 - 225K
  • Ernie, he looks pretty good and I think when he gets finished out he will probably be better than his ole daddy. Keep flashing him up now and then as he finishes.
    Bill
    Bill here is that bird at the Tex All Game Show.
    Tex All Game RV 10-21-12.jpg
    800 x 450 - 174K
  • edited October 2012
    He ought to be able to go into anyones breeding pens! Really nice Ernie! You want me to come get him to go on my females? ;))
    Bill
  • Nice one Ernie!
    edited October 2012
    LOL Bill lets wait till after show season. :/

Thanks Garrett I got my start of them from Randy Scoggins.

Bill post a pic of that young cockerel I brought you. I would like to see how he is developing.
  • I have been waiting on him to finish a bit before I post it Ernie. He is matuing rather slowly and is not posing for photos yet. :-SS
    It won't be long. When are you going to come this way? I still have the show cage Danny brought for you.
    Bill
    Ill get up there as soon as I can. I want to see that bbred you got from kdog.
  • Hey Ernie, Give him a few weeks for his sickles to come back. I ain't tp proud of him the way he looks right now. LOL
    Ok kdog,LOL I wont hold it against him if his sickles are a little short. Im sure he is a fine bird.