Black Old English - Page 6 - OEGB Int'l Society

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Black Old English

Comments

• You don't need a lot if they are like her!
    Bill
  • Bill that black looks like he has bbred in him. I know you're not trying to get in the cookie jar lol.
  • He actually has Wheaton in him and no I was just trying to see if the pic would post.
  • Just kidding with you. Those blacks of Ernie's are nice.
  • my most favorite black cockerel I raised from MY line is sitting on championship row at Tulsa State Fair. Granted, he is Reserve of Breed, but I will take that, no complaints!
  • scratchscratch Mannsville, Oklahoma
    my most favorite black cockerel I raised from MY line is sitting on championship row at Tulsa State Fair. Granted, he is Reserve of Breed, but I will take that, no complaints!
    Congrats. Have any pictures?

• tracytracy AMARILLO,TX.
    CONGRATS TO YOU CLIFTONRANCH.
  • Way to go and please post a pic
  • edited November 2012
    clifton ranch , post your winner
  • Thank you all for your kind comments! I know Tulsa isn't a "BIG" show, but it was still and exciting win for me and my girls. I had BB at Fayetteville with this birds uncle 2 yrs ago.
    Raven, you are right, the females are too cheap. But I figure since I am not on the "A" list as of yet, I have to start low to get my birds out there.
    I sold an inexpensive NICE black trio last year to a friend and I found out today she sold a pullet she raised from the trio to a woman in Illinois - the pullet just won Reserve of Breed at a big show up there.
  • edited November 2012
    clifton any win is great
  • Thank you Raven, much appreciated! In my little world, I consider this a big win. Even better because I have been breeding this line since Dwayne Ballard gave me my first 2 pairs of show quality OE. He has been a tremendous help with my breeding program. But I have to say thanks to lots of folks on this site who are so willing to share their knowledge.
    This was an APA and ABA sanctioned show, and I requested that it be an OE special as well. I sent the forms to the superintendent in July and he completed them yesterday and said he would gladly send those in. So hopefully I will get a few points for my efforts!
  • hey man thats great , dewayne is a great guy , one of the nicest men youll ever meet , i consider him a personal friend , although i havent talked with him in quite a while tell him i said hello jw
  • I will be talking with Dwayne this week, I will be happy to tell him you said hello!
  • A few blacks.
    IMG_20121002_155216.jpg
    2048 x 1536 - 450K
    IMG_20121002_155139.jpg
    2048 x 1536 - 491K
  • NIce Randy! did you get a bunch of them raised and what blood do they have running in their veins?
    Bill
  • Sheriff's bloodlines for the majority, however there's a little Procter and D C Grizzleand Reid blood around.
  • Here are a few blacks from this years hatch. imageimageimageimage
    PIC-0607.jpg
    1600 x 1200 - 200K
    PIC-0608.jpg
    1600 x 1200 - 217K
    PIC-0613.jpg
    1600 x 1200 - 114K
    PIC-0619.jpg
    1600 x 1200 - 136K
  • Duckwing the females look nice, did you have many males?
  • edited October 2012
    Those look great Tim! Nice to look at and thanks for posting them!
    Bill