Black Old English - Page 2 - OEGB Int'l Society

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Black Old English

Comments

• The purple sheen in my black have not been a problem but this is a good topic to discuss with our judges over here. I like a OEG with a fan-like tail but the most important charactaristic that our birds are judged apon, is their form and firmness! I find it so funny how the birds in diffirent countries are so far apart that they look like diffirent breeds! The OEG bantams from the USA is in my opinion how the proper OEG should look like!... That is why I would really like to import some OE from you guys...Mainly to improve the quality of OE that we have in SA and share the joy of breeding proper OEG banties!....
  • Here are a few of mine

Karla they look nice and the bird iin the middle on top is your Grizzle line bird.
    Bill the bird in the middle is one I raised - he placed 4th cockerel at Shawnee 2010 - his Dad is the other bird and he placed 3rd cock at the same show. The first female is a daughter of the cock and a sister to the cockerel.
    I'll gladly send a couple your way, just come pick them out!

• Here are a few of mine

Karla they look nice and the bird iin the middle on top is your Grizzle line bird.

Bill the bird in the middle is one I raised - he placed 4th cockerel at Shawnee 2010 - his Dad is the other bird and he placed 3rd cock at the same show. The first female is a daughter of the cock and a sister to the cockerel.
    I'll gladly send a couple your way, just come pick them out!

I was talking about the center picture I posted at the top is your Grizzle.

• Now I am with you Bill!!
  • It is not a very good representation of him though. That guy really produced some good females as well as males, you will like him! Oh, if I didn't tell you he will knock the bark off your hands!
  • he doesn't like my spray bottle of water - even the girls can tend to him now!
  • scratchscratch Mannsville, Oklahoma
    edited June 2012
    Here is one of my female-line birds.
    100_7000.jpg
    800 x 684 - 328K
  • edited June 2012
    Just send er on up, I can fix her! lol
  • tracytracy AMARILLO,TX.
    LETS SEE SOME PICS OF SOME BLACKS.
  • JW there are some of us on here that would sure like to hear you talk about selection of breeders for the Black Old Enlish and while I am saying some of us, I primairly mean ME. If you have time and would care to share some of your expertise it would be good stuff for me and others who have this color. I got a look at some of your birds over at Ernie Mays place and they looked great to me. You are doing a good job with them.
    Bill
  • edited November 2012
    bill thanks
  • edited November 2012
    bill
  • I think we were waiting for you to give it some thought! Maybe we should ask if there is any interest in hearing from you and then see what folks have to say.
    I for one would like to read some of the things you do in your program that could help me out and I am sure others would also.
    How about it folks does anyone else want to hear what Raven has to say on breeding and selecting Black Old English?
    Bill
  • I would like to learn about `em! I don`t often comment on subjects here because I don`t have much of nothing to add....I`m here to learn. I did have a trio of Blacks several years ago, they were beautiful to my eye. I remember that the hens were sweet natured but the cock bird even though he was a handsome fellow he thought he was 10` tall, he was a what I call a knuckle buster. I don`t remember who I got them from but I was told that was a trait of that line. So yes, I`ll listen.
  • adminadmin Durant, OK
    I agree with the latest comments here. Everyone doesn't always respond a lot but they are reading your posts. We are interested in what top breeders have to say and you Raven are definitely in that group. Please share your experience. I for one would love to hear how you breed your Blacks!
  • I would like to hear more too!!
  • Yes, I am reading and learning every day thanks to all you Veteran OEGB breeders.
  • scratchscratch Mannsville, Oklahoma
    JW here is a couple of young birds that are out of the blue band cockerel. I cant wait for them to mature on out. They are around 6 months old.
    2012 Cockerels 042.JPG
    750 x 675 - 311K
    2012 Cockerels 079.JPG
    700 x 525 - 216K
  • Those look good Ernie! You may need to share some of that with me.
    Bill
  • I am with raven on the breeding, you really have to look the females over before you set the pens up. just because it's a black does not make it a simple task. you have to try to balance out the male with the females you intend to use. big tail, loose feather, up in frount, narrow body, leg color, eye color, lots and lots of veritibles goes into setting up the breeders. this could be with any color. lol