TOP 3 O.E. JUDGES. - OEGB Int'l Society

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

TOP 3 O.E. JUDGES.

tracytracy AMARILLO,TX.
edited June 2012 in User Suggestions
WHO IS YOUR TOP 3 O.E. JUDGES.

Comments

• Troy Jones, Pat Malone, and Sam Brush lol!
  • Tracy you know who everyone's first is don't you?
  • tracytracy AMARILLO,TX.
    BILL NAME 3 OF THEM,DID RANDY HAND PICK YOU.
  • Well I technically know you and Dewayne Ballard and from there I don't know any more. I just wanted in on the questionaire. Yep! he robbed me! My wife was encouraging him to get more.
  • Dwayne Ballard is a good choice, so is Tracy. Terry Britt is also pretty good. I would say Andy but when he judges, I cannot show anything I got from him lol. Alot good judges. I don't think I could narrow it down to 3 favorites. Now if you wanted to know my 3 least favorites, it would be easy but I won't go there. lol Wayne
  • Well Ive never had the plesure of meeting any of the judges you all have spoke of..... And Tracy you seem like I nice guy but again I dont no ya ..... I realy cant pen point three judges ...... But I can say with out a dought one name being Ronny Ledford ...... As a judge he is the most complete Ive meet .... In judging and helping .....
    WHAT ABOUT CLANTON,GATES,INMAN.
  • My favorites are Dwayne Ballard, Ronny Ledford and of course Tracy Hill. I have several others that I like pretty well and a long list that I wouldn't let judge a pet flea contest but I wont go there.
  • I don't have a lot of shows under my belt, but most everyone knows how I feel about Dwayne Ballard. I clerked for him at a smaller show last fall and learned A LOT. I look forward to getting to work with him again. He doesn't care about the fads, he follows the standard. He is not intimidated by owners who have no sportsmanship. We all have our own interpretations of the standard, but Dwayne is VERY consistent as to how he judges. What more can you ask of any judge?
  • I think Ronny Ledford,Tim Clanton and Marty McGuire. These man have raised and showed old english. You know sometimes a duck judge has to judge the old english. I like for a judge too know what he's looking at.
  • What about ol Cooper?
    NICE TO HEAR DWAYNE BALLARD FOR ALOT OF OUR MEMBERS,GREAT GUY AND JUDGE.HONEST AS A DAY IS LONG.
  • May I get in? of coarse everybody would have to say Tracy is on the their list somewhere,here on the west coast I would love to see Tim Clanton or Inman judge and with the amount of responce Ballard seems to be a strong runner. Now my two cents,fads the whites to me look like fan tailed pigeons their type doesn't match most others but you will see them on champion row next to a bird close to the standard with all judges trying to decide who is best. They don't even look like the same breed. I'm with most of you I get caught up in the fads and yes the BB'S with the big tails are pretty.but the standard still calls for moderately spread doesn't it. we should have a to standard show and an open show. how many times have we all read " In today's shows that male couldn't compete" the standard didn't change but the birds did.In the great Dave Sherrill's book there is a BB male on a right facing page that Dave wrote to me twenty years ago saying this is how your males should look. I still try for that look.I will never win but I try. So I breed for females instead,and they don't look like game birds they are tiny Beautiful birds but just don't look like game birds to me. But you got to love them prettiest old english female there is. So I threw in more than two cents. Does anyone remember the Inman Ducket birds of the past they were very dark but winning everything insight. so I like the gentleman's quote on Ballard he goes by the book!!!!
  • I am very excited to me Tracy at our up coming show at the end of January. Here in California . when you get to meet someone of his experiance it's always a pleasure. A great breeder and putting this sight together brings us all closer together as a whole thankyou to all.
  • I would say Tim Clanton, Tommy Inman , Marty McGuire
  • Ronny Ledford - Tim Clanton - Ben Porter ....

Never had the pleasure of watching Mr Hill but I've been told he can find a goodun too ... Also I think we've got some good ones out and picking three is kinda hard !!!! But
  • all of those names are great judges. In the last couple years I have really been impressed with Anthony Ashley also. I enjoyed clerking for James Cooper. It is very hard to pick top three when I have shown under so many good judges. I respect them all for their efforts as they are all overworked and under paid.
  • Tim Clanton, Tommy Inman , Marty McGuire
  • Tracy hill,Tommy Inman,Anthony Ashely
    I HERE JOEY GATES IS A GOOD O.E. JUDGE ALSO HONESTLY THERE IS A VERY FEW GOOD ONES.TOMMY I.TIM C. THAT,S MY TOP 3.I HERE CHRIS HAWES IS GOOD.I KNOW THERE IS MORE BUT JUST HAVEN'T SHOWED OR JUDGED WITH THEM.