Morning coffee topics - Page 6 - OEGB Int'l Society

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Morning coffee topics

Comments

• cockofthewalkcockofthewalk Mead, Oklahoma
    edited June 2012
    Have you seen his new business card Tracy? It reads, Purveyor Of Fine Exhibition Poultry and Lover Of Beautiful Women. Wire Duckwing Highport Marina

He might have watched too much Palladin as a kid.
  • 9-ball
    2012-06-15 16.27.06.jpg
    320 x 240 - 41K
    2012-06-15 16.27.25.jpg
    320 x 240 - 32K
  • He iiisss quite the trader as we all know and those are nice birds of Tracy's he is trading!
  • scratchscratch Mannsville, Oklahoma
    Went and saw Scratch today. That boy has raised alot of birds this year and has several nice ones. He is in the process of building pens but may be losing the race as he has several nice birds ready to put up now. My money is on him though he will pull it off by a nose at the wire. Thanks for showing me your birds Ernie.
    Dont put too much stock in me Scott. Turning into the stretch, I might crawl on a horse and get bucked off or something?Lol....Come back anytime.
  • edited June 2012
    Hey Ernie! How are the SDW's coming along?
    How much hamburger you gonna want for them?
    Bill
  • Bill, we are finally getting rain!! Started at 7:30 this morning and hasn't let up yet!
    Bill the SDW's are looking pretty good. I lost one of my hens a couple of nights ago but caught 2 possums last night. About the hamburger? 1/2 lb. on a bun!Lol......
  • Bill, we are finally getting rain!! Started at 7:30 this morning and hasn't let up yet!
    THAT MAKES FOR A WONDERFUL DEAL! GLAD Y'ALL FINALLY SCORED A HIT!
    He is too easy Bill, stop at McDonalds and get the McDouble, only a buck apiece, get a bag full and make Duckwing eat his heart out.
  • edited June 2012
    Sounds like a deal Ernie! Man I'm sick over your loss of one of the nice hens!
  • He is too easy Bill, stop at McDonalds and get the McDouble, only a buck apiece, get a bag full and make Duckwing eat his heart out.
    I will probably take him to Braums for a double 2/3 w/cheese and bacon!

You can tell when times are tough. We have completely destroyed the market for O.E. when we have stooped to trading them for food. Duckwing started this nonsense and we should all hold him personally responsible for restoring the market or giving us all a bailout.
  • You can tell when times are tough. We have completely destroyed the market for O.E. when we have stooped to trading them for food. Duckwing started this nonsense and we should all hold him personally responsible for restoring the market or giving us all a bailout.
    Yeh like he should pick up the tab for any meal he is in on! Then there is Tracys chickens, somewhere they have to overcome the shame of it all!
  • Coffee is really good this morning! Sitting looking at 100 or so young cockerels all over the yard! Don't come any better!
    Bill I havent had my coffee this morning yet. But fixin too. I bet that is a site to see all those birds runnin on the yard. Enjoy.
  • Back at work this morning and having my 2nd cup of coffee. Sure is good tastin stuff.
    I hope everyone had a nice weekend and Fathers day. I hope all have a good week!
    Just know this"THERE IS ALWAYS SOMETHING TO TAKE THE JOY OUT OF LIFE" SO BE WATCHFUL!
  • tracytracy AMARILLO,TX.
    BILL, HAVE BEEN TRYING SOME ICED COFFEE THIS SUMMER, NOT BAD.
  • Nope, like er hot and in the morning only! Just like right now, sure is good!
  • edited June 2012
    I would like to decide on what varieties I would like to keep instead of 7 or 8! Does anyone have any idea how to go about that?
    Also I would like to decide which bloodlines to keep of the varieties I choose!
    It is coming more apparent that I do not have the ability of some of the breeders as Karla Clifton and I think we have become chickenoholics.
    We have decided we need a chickenoholic anononymous club! Is there any out there that could qualify for the job of counseling? It doesn't seem to matter if they are the greatest chickens or not they all have their favorite thing about them. They all have faults so how do you decide what is what?
    I am realizing that the expense can become an issue not to mention the space and pens you need to accomodate them and then there is the issue of the wife getting tired of supplementing the labor!
    Still it has not been to the point of making decisions!
    I really don't want to let any of them go!
    Is this an addiction or am I just plain old stupid?
    If you answer that one don't be too harsh with the answer.lol
  • Bill, You are not stupid. This is a common mistake beginners make all the time and so do the veterans who just want to keep poultry and not show. They like everything they see and want it all. They begin to get an interest in showing and realize how many different matings it takes sometimes to produce and maintain a show line of just one variety. Especially the varieties that are uncommon. They eventually settle on just a couple based on what they like and what they want to accomplish. If you are looking for short term results then a popular variety of a well estabnlished bloodline is the answer. If you are more patient and want to help make a lesser variety more popular then that would be your choice. How about raising and breeding one of each. Having One popular color and one rare color can satisfy both urges. Think about it. Go with your heart tells you. After all you gotta love what you do or you won't stick with it.
    Wayne