Morning coffee topics - Page 2 - OEGB Int'l Society

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Morning coffee topics

Comments

• Yeh it was midnight by the time we got home. I am going to get some shut eye. Thanks for the great birds, come on down and get some from me and crwd. We had a great time visiting yall okies.
  • You all will have to go back a page to see the photos.
  • It has been pouring rain here since about 5.30 this morning. still coming. Reports of roads even flooding. guess our drought is over for another week. Glad to see the rain.
    You are welcome for the birds I hope you enjoy them.
    Bill
  • Bill, I enjoyed my visit Saturday! Hope y'all were able to get all the work you had lined out completed. Its never ending with chickens I think.
    please send some of that rain down here - greasshoppers hit last week - we need the rain!!
  • edited June 2012
    I also enjoyed our visit and also getting out of the work. lol My wife just about had it all done while we visited and I think that is just wonderful. I would always rather have a nice chicken visit as work. Did you get all the new birds situated alright? As you read on hear Randy and Curtis and Wanda came Sunday and we had a nice visit also. They went over to Danny's and then I think they visited Dewayne Allen also. they had a long day of visiting but it was sure nice to visit with them. I hope some of this rain gets on down your way also. Come again any time.
    Tell Randy and the Girls we said hi.
  • bill we realy enjoyed our visit yesterday.you have a nice setup and nice birds.thank you for the nice birds. also i forgot what line the whites wanda got are?
  • tracytracy AMARILLO,TX.
    BILL YOUR OKC THUNDER WON LAST NIGHT WAKE UP AND SMELL THE COFFEE.
  • Bill I may be back up there in a day or so. Lonnie wants to see what Danny has left. Canyou get his number or give him mine? Also I forgot to take photos of you all and your birds etc.
  • at least the Thunder team is not getting skunked, even though I don't know how much more they will be good for in this one. I don't think they will continue to beat y'all.
    Did you get the swelling out of your head over your big win? I would go around puffed up for 6 months if I had that kind of win. Congratulations on it again! How about your partner is he still gloating also? I enjoy hearing about those deals where the children are involved in the shows and caring for the birds.
  • TO SCRATCH! Ernie how come there is no morning coffee topics from you, I know you are reading these and there is need for more! Get in here and give us some coffee drinking reading!
    Bill
    BILL I PULLING FOR OKC, IM A BIG LONGHORN FAN AND K.DURRANT WENT TO TEXAS.AND I LOVE TO WIN BUT NO BIG HEAD.
  • Well I would have that is probably why I don't do things like that I am the bragging type! lol
    I am still happy for y'all. It is a tough deal to get them raised and cared for and to the shows, which is the real reason I don't do it. My deal is just liking the birds at home and liking to breed them. Mind you because I like to breed them doesn't make me a "BREEDER" Just means that I like raising Old English.
    Still I am proud for you who show the birds and even more so when you win with them.
  • scratchscratch Mannsville, Oklahoma
    Sorry Bill, ever since the wife started her summer vacation she has had me a todo list. I am also haveing some varment problems. Lost 3 young birds in 2 nights. I have traps set but nothing this morning. I still have some holes in my fence that need mending.
    I do have to admit that my jaw hit the ground when I saw that SDW pic you posted! Nice Bird!
  • edited June 2012
    Well, you know how pictures can be deceiving. I hope you didn't let those varmints get the Duckwings you have. Don't forget you are going to fix me with some of them. I am excited about it and I have more chickens than you shake a stick at. I am going to Scott's, Lord permitting this Saturday to get my LB Sport, he said he had 2 nd you wanted 1 of them.you had better get on over there and claim yours or I might snatch the better of the 2. lol When are you coming my way?
    I thought something was wrong and the wife being on vacation says it all.
    I sure do hate to hear of the varmints working on you. That is worrisome for me because you have got some great birds and I hate for that to happen to them.
    I was coincerned with the 2x4 wire on the pens for you. As long as none come it is ok but when they come to visit the 2x4 is not as safe as I like it to be.
    Be sure to take care of my nice SDW's.
    Glad to hear from you.
    BILL, I USE TO SHOW 15 TO 20 TIMES A YR.AND JUDGE AROUND THE SAME BUT JUST GOT TIRED AND OLDER.PEOPLE LIKE YOU ARE GREAT FOR THE HOBBY THAT JUST ENJOY RAISING THEM FOR SELF PLEASURE.I GET AS MUCH OUT OF HATCHING MY OWN AND RAISING THEM UP AS SHOWING.I HAVE 3 BBRED COCKERELS FROM THE 2011 HATCH THAT I HAD MY EYE ON AND WHEN I TRIMMED THEM THE ONE THAT WON AT COLO. LAST WEEKEND IS MY FAVORITE. BUT SHOWED THE 3 BIRDS 7 TIMES THIS SPRING AND HE WAS FIRST 2 TIMES,THE WON THAT WON AT IOWA HAS WON 1ST 5 TIMES. I AM VERY PROUD OF THE 3 BIRDS.7 SHOWS THE WENT 1,2,3-1,2,3-1,2,3-1,2,3-2,3,5-1,2,5-1,2,3.NOT BAD.I TRY TO TAKE MY WINS AND LOSES THE SAME UNLESS SOMETHING JUST IS NOT RIGHT IN MY MIND.I HAD A WHITE MALE BIRD THAT I SHOWED 10 TIMES AS A COCKEREL AND COCK THE BEST WHITE I HAD EVER RAISED. HE WAS NATIONAL O.E. CHAMPION 1989. HE WON BEST O.E. 9 TIMES SEVERAL CHAMPIONS OF THE SHOWS AND RES OF SHOWS AND 1990 I SHOWED AT SHAWNEE,OKLA THERE WAS 4 WHITE O.E. COCKS THERE AND HE WAS 4TH HARD TO UNDERSTAND THAT.ANYWAY THIS IS SOME GOOD COFFEE TALK HAVE A BLESSED DAY.
  • edited June 2012
    You want to be sure that you mark in your mind who it was that judged the BB's 2-3-5 and when someone asks who is the worse judge you know----- LOL.
    Those are some real neat numbers and rankings. I really need that White cock in my breeding stalls. Also if you get ready to cull that BB and retire him you can remember me.
    Randy and Allen just left here headed to Danny's house to meet him to look at his stuff and see if they wanted any of what he has left. There won't be much left to pick from now, after he has been there twice. I think I am going to start calling him Hawkeye because he plucks em right out of your hand! LOL
    Thanks Tracy for sharing your showing information with me.
    Bill
    YOU ARE RIGHT RANDY HAS A GOOD EYE FOR CHICKENS,HE MIGHT BE A HAWK.
  • Legend, here're are sme photos.
    2012-06-05 08.52.15.jpg
    320 x 240 - 60K
    2012-06-05 09.59.40.jpg
    320 x 240 - 62K
    2012-06-05 09.57.06.jpg
    320 x 240 - 54K
    2012-06-05 09.57.23.jpg
    320 x 240 - 61K
    IS THAT ROY OR WILL RODGERS WITH THAT HAT.
  • scratchscratch Mannsville, Oklahoma
    I think thats George Straite!...Haha....Just funnin duckwing.