Morning coffee topics - Page 193 - OEGB Int'l Society

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Morning coffee topics

Comments

• Bowbender are you going to have any brassy backs for sale
  • Yes I will have some. What are you wanting?
  • What are you getting on a pair or a trio
  • I tried messaging you but I don't think it went through. If you want you can call or text me at 580 367-0078.
  • tracytracy AMARILLO,TX.
    GOOD MORNING ON MY 2ND CUP JUST GOT UP AROUND 700 AM HAS BEEN HOT IN TEXAS.GOT TO GET OUT AND FEED THE BIRDS,NICE TO SEE THE SITE HAS PICKED UP A BIT.MARVIN SORRY TO HERE YOUR GETTING OUT OF OPALS AS YOU AND RON SMITH PUT THEM IN THE STANDARD.WELL STAY COOL AND HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND TO ALL.
  • Just got up, fished until about 1:00am but did not catch. Lol but had a good time with my wife and daughter with me. I'm about to go plant some fall peas and tomatoes then dip all the birds. Marvin I'm surprised to hear about the opals, hope everything is going ok with you. Oh the coffee and peanut butter toast is good!
  • What are you dipping the birds in Shane?
  • 10% Permethrin, 1oz per 2.5 gal of water.
  • I didn't think you would have to dip birds with all the humidity in Louisiana. Do you spray them with frontline? If so does dipping them wash it off?
  • Ido use frontline but I don't have any luck with it killing the mite that eats a start line across the feather when it's developing so I dip and that seems to help. I'm not sure if dipping will wash of front line.
  • Thanks Shane
  • Inice bird bow
  • Nice bird bow
  • Wrong page
  • Thanks crwd and I'm guessing you meant the BR cockerel
  • Yes right bird wrong discussion
  • Shanesbantams,
    I use Ravap EC as a spray and dip. It works very well for all types of mites. It wipes out lice too.
  • edited July 2015
    Frontline is absorbed into the skin so if you wait a few hours, dipping should not affect it. Frontline will not kill feather mites.
  • What kills the feather mites Barry?
  • I've heard some say
    It will but it don't for me. What do you use Barry!