Split breast - OEGB Int'l Society

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Split breast

What is your opinion on birds with split breast? Does the standard allow it or discourage it? Do you like it in your birds?

Comments

• ClinkClink NE Oklahoma
    I would like to hear what you guys around here think too, I know there's is at least one guy that preaches about not having the line, but he isn't open to discussion, it's his way or your dumb, lol
  • Btt.....
  • edited May 2016
    I personally like to see my birds with a line in the top, middle part of the breast Not a huge indent but a small defined line
  • ClinkClink NE Oklahoma
    I agree with you Stone, it seems the ones that are smooth are lacking a lil in the breast and too much of an indention looks cornishy
  • This bird shows somewhat of the split breast....
    Studio_OEGWhtnBtmCk_7867_M.jpg
    255 x 255 - 17K
  • yes that male does have the indent I like to see in my birds.
  • I like to see a little indent in my birds too.
  • I agree with you guys, a little indent...
  • tracytracy AMARILLO,TX.
    I LIKE THEM SPLIT BREAST AT KFC FINGER LICKING GOOD.
  • Me too Tracy.
  • Yeah Tracy I got about 75 males that needs their breast split in a skillet of oil.
  • ClinkClink NE Oklahoma
    did you say KFC? lol, ours sucked so bad they shut it down about 10 years ago
  • tracytracy AMARILLO,TX.
    KFC,S ARE GOOD AROUND HERE CLINK AND KEN 75 K,S THATS ALOT OF MALES. HOW MANY PULLETS DID YOU RAISE.
  • Tracy I guess wheatens and all, around 60 or so and that 75 was wheatens also, had a lot of wheaten males too still have a few setters, i'm done by end of month getting to hot.