OEGBCA 2017 National Bid - OEGB Int'l Society

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

OEGBCA 2017 National Bid

scratchscratch Mannsville, Oklahoma
To all that are affiliated with OEGBCA, We need bids for the 2017 National. As of today we have no bids. If you have connections with local clubs west of Mississippi and would like to host the National please ask them to send in a bid.

Comments

• tracytracy AMARILLO,TX.
    I TALKED TO TROY V.ABOUT BIDDING ON IT OCT 2017 AT NESCASTLE,OKLA.
  • Sounds like a plan Tracy.
  • Troy always puts on a nice show!
  • I think Oct is way to early to have a National and I don't think there is enough room at Newcastle for a National
  • cockofthewalkcockofthewalk Mead, Oklahoma
    I think Haynesville, Louisiana needs to bid on it. They could hold it later in the year and not in conjunction with their fall show.
  • cockofthewalkcockofthewalk Mead, Oklahoma
    Looks like the National will be in Shawnee again is what I hear. Judges will be selected by show superintendent. The numbers are limited and entries will be first come first serve and will be required to be turned in 2 months in advance. Got my reservations.
  • So far I haven't heard of any bids.. so don't know where Shawnee comes into play..
  • If I remember right the deadline isn't until June 1st and I know of atleast one other club besides shawnee looking at dates. No need to start worrying yet with 2 months away from the deadline
    I TALKED WITH KYLE TRIPP LAST NIGHT ABOUT THE 2017 NATIONAL FOR ARIZONA.EITHER NOV 2017 AT TUCSON OR FEB 2018 IN ARIZONA.
  • edited March 2016
    Kyle has known about the bid and my understanding is he has been discussing it with the other members in that area. I'm pretty sure the 4 corners people will be sending in a bid.
  • Tucson is 17 hrs for me, hope Shawnee gets it. Troy is a great guy and nothing against him but New Castle is to small.
  • Just my 2 cents
  • New castle is to small but I think Kyle is hoping for maybe Farmington NM to be more central located.
  • Shawnee is about 17 hours for me, so I know what it's like to have to travel to get to the shows, and it's not always the most fun. I've received several commitments of attendance and pledges for donations if we were to place the Nat'l at The Four Corners poultry show in Farmington, NM. This show is well run and well set up. It's in a nice new building with great lighting, wide aisles, and nice cages. Tracy has both judged and shown there, and validate that it is indeed one of the nicest shows in the west. This idea is just in the incubation stages and will need some more development before a formal bid is submitted.
  • scratchscratch Mannsville, Oklahoma
    Will Farmington be the Feb. show?
  • No sir. Farmington is in November.
  • scratchscratch Mannsville, Oklahoma
    Oh OK. Sounds good to me. I hope you guys can submit a bid.
  • I wouldn't be upset if the show was in Farmington because I do think it needs to be spread around some to be more convenient for others. I was signed up for Shawnee this past yr but had a death in the family and I'll be attending Knoxville this yr which is about 11 hrs. Who's knows if Farmington gets the bid I may tackle that drive. But I do agree that everyone needs there opportunity for it to be closer for them and some of us others can make the longer trip.
    edited April 2016
    YES KYLE FARMINGTON N.M. HAS ONE OF THE NICEST SHOWS AND SHOW BARN IN THE COUNTRY.VERY EASY 3000 BIRDS SINGLE DECKED.NICE SNACK BAR HOT FOOD BREAKFAST OR LUNCH DRINKS.ONE OF THE BEST BANQUETS YOU COULD ASK FOR THE STARKS RUN A FIRST CLASS SHOW.FARMINGTON IS A GREAT TOWN PLENTY OF MOTELS AND FOOD PLACES.PLUS THE 1ST WEEKEND IN NOV.BIRDS ARE IN GREAT SHAPE.I WOULD LOVE TO SEE THEM BID ON IT.GIVE THEM A TRY AND YOU WILL GO BACK.THEY WILL PICK A O.E. JUDGE OF THE CLUBS CHOICE.
  • OK- Tracy mentioned good food twice in his post about Farmington so I'm in for Four Corners......