BIG V 20% lay pellets - OEGB Int'l Society

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

BIG V 20% lay pellets

Is anyone using them

Comments

• I use them during breeding season
  • Karla what do you feed the rest of the year?
  • How are y'all's birds doing on it.
  • I really like the results myself. I'm have started feeding some of their 60/40 game feed mixed with wheat and rolled oats as well.
  • I use the Big V Game Cock 17% conditioner and add wheat, DDG and hominy to it. The birds on the yard get hominy and whole corn free choice
  • nboonnboon Princeton Texas
    I feed big v game bird breeder pellets
  • lotslesslotsless Albany Oregon
    Are the pellets you feed made smaller?..I have a hard time feeding pellets alot of them seem to larger for my birds...
    I have tried pellet feed ..but have went back to feeding Purina Flock Raiser..but wish i could feed the pellets...

• Greg give them pellets. 1st or 2nd day they may not eat it. But They are just like me and a piece of Bologna 3rd day I'll eat it. LOl
  • Yes thay are smaller so bantams can eat it with no problem.
    Good one James..LOL..Ive thought about trying that..
  • Flock Raiser comes in pellets as well as crumbles lotsless. They have also started making their pellets smaller too.
  • I like the new Flock Raiser pellets, no more waste.
  • Is that flock raiser something you would use all winter
  • I use it year round.
    I have tried the new flock raiser pellets a lot of the pellets were still a little large...If they were all like the smaller pellets it would be better. Purina must not be able to keep the pellets all small the way they process them..I might give it a try again and just give my birds enough so that they are forced to eat it all or get a little hungry for a couple days as James mentioned
  • The 20% from Big V also comes in a crumble. Same feed just a mashed pellet or Crumbles as they are called.
    Bill
  • Hey Bill good to hear from you. I figured you was lurking in the shadows. I would try the big v but the nearest dealer is a hour and a half away.
  • scratchscratch Mannsville, Oklahoma
    Bill who do you have over here in Ardmore carrying Big V?