My New Dickey Incubator Arrived - OEGB Int'l Society

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

My New Dickey Incubator Arrived

cockofthewalkcockofthewalk Mead, Oklahoma
edited May 2012 in Product Reviews
Received my new Dickey Incubator yesterday afternoon, came right to my front door UPS. I was very impressed to say the least. This unit is quality constructed and exceeded my expectations. I talked with Mr. Dickey a couple of times before I purchased this and I can tell you that without a doubt that there will be great customer support. I am going to get this thing dialed in this weekend I hope and try to do some test hatches to get myself familiar with it

Comments

• That is great Scott! Do you need some eggs to go in it that aren't as good quality as yours? I am through hatching now and don't know what to do with all these eggs. lol
    That is neat, I just didn't come up with the cash to buy a new one this year. Maybe next year but I am glad for you.
  • cockofthewalkcockofthewalk Mead, Oklahoma
    Thanks for the egg offer Bill. Well fortunately Bill I was able to amass a great deal of wealth this year through shrewd investments and marketing ( partnering with Sherri on an OEG forum and selling a few birds). I just hope this chicken deal doesn't push me over into the tax bracket of Bill Gates and Warren Buffet. Look at this Dickey before you purchase Bill, you will be glad you did.
  • I intend to order one this fall.
    You will be glad you did Barry. Have you talked with Mr. Dickey yet? If you haven't give him a call and discuss your needs or concerns, you will find him very nice and helpful and absolutely no sales pressure or tactics.
  • Thanks for the egg offer Bill. Well fortunately Bill I was able to amass a great deal of wealth this year through shrewd investments and marketing ( partnering with Sherri on an OEG forum and selling a few birds). I just hope this chicken deal doesn't push me over into the tax bracket of Bill Gates and Warren Buffet. Look at this Dickey before you purchase Bill, you will be glad you did.
    Lol Scott! I am thankful you are a shrewd iunvestor and could use your help on that end. I am going to take a long look at the Dickey before I do anything. That is what is so neat about these forums, you can learn a lot by others experience.
    I will be looking forward to your experience with it. Please keep us posted.
    Got it set up and the temp adjusted and it is holding on 99.5 Working on getting the humidity right. Will be setting some test eggs Saturday, three friends are catching some eggs on brood pens they are finished with. I'm excited about this trial hatch.
  • I sure don't blame you and I am happy for you! I might be a little envious also, please forgive that. :))
    Thats alright Bill when I get through with this I might want that book " Incubators For Dummies".
  • lol! I'll bet you fall further in love.
  • scratchscratch Mannsville, Oklahoma
    That is good news Scott. Im proud for you. I know that thing will be spitting those Lemon Blues out like a Steel Factory putting out washers.
  • Scott, have you loaded her yet?
    Put 20 eggs in this morning, I'll candle them in a few days and keep you posted. Still trying to lower the humidity, it is coming down. Still have a ways to go sitting about 60% right now
  • Way to go!
  • Scott, how about an update on the Dickey? Is it holding well? Have you candled yet?
    Just curious.
  • I could use a new dickey, mine is not hatch in the 80 to 90%. How much are they?
  • tracytracy AMARILLO,TX.
    80 TO 90 % I NEED A NEW DICKEY.
  • Maybe, I should just get mine worked on.
    I HAD NEVER HIT 80 TO 90% WITH MINE,NEED SOME ROOSTER BOOSTER.
    back to the top good stuff lol.
  • Well I bought a new Dicky this Spring I have a GQF sitting right next to it that I have used for years and thought it was the best thing out there But after I used the dicky this spring It dose not compairThe Dicky Holds a more even temp and humidity My hatch rate is up 10% over the GQF.
    Bill