Show Pens - OEGB Int'l Society

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Show Pens

cockofthewalkcockofthewalk Mead, Oklahoma
edited March 2012 in Made from Scratch
Does anyone have any good ideas for pens to house show birds ?  I don't know if this site has the capabilities up yet for posting pictures but would like to hear your thoughts on this.

Comments

• scratchscratch Mannsville, Oklahoma
    Here is some pictures of my "Hog Panel Pens" I dont know about show pens but they are great for breeders.
    100_6212.jpg
    300 x 198 - 147K
    100_6213.jpg
    670 x 445 - 215K
  • cockofthewalkcockofthewalk Mead, Oklahoma
    I really like that pen, those would provide good security, thats good stuff
  • Yeah, those are nice and easy to build. I bet I could do it by myself.
    I have 5 of them with the parts for a couple more. They are simple to build and not very expensive. Just need a pair of pliers and some wire!
  • adminadmin Durant, OK
    edited March 2012
    Those are nice Ernie. Looks like they would be quick to put up.

I noticed if you click on the pictures they open to another page at their original size?
  • My show pens also breeding pens no wire on bottom half to mess up the feathers.
    Pens.jpg
    1328 x 749 - 397K
  • WOW! Those are nice.
  • Barn standing in water this morning! I don't know how much rain we got but it is a half pickup bed full and still raining. Oh well we need the rain and it will dry up sooner or later.
    20100425_0041 pens.jpg
    800 x 533 - 205K
  • cockofthewalkcockofthewalk Mead, Oklahoma
    Bill you and Tim have some nice pens, it is good to see these great " set ups ". You guys are way out of my league but it is very interesting to see. Thanks for sharing them with everyone.
  • Maybe on the setups we have but I am sure behind everyone on knowledge and breeding. I have the care for the hobby and the birds but I don't have a lot of knowledge. That is why I get on here and try to learn what you guys are willing to share with me.
    Thanks
  • It is still raining here and looks like it will keep it up. probably around 5 inches or so by now.
    Dont sell your self short Bill. I can tell you are very knowledgable by your birds and pens.
  • Those cages came from laziness or age one, I just couldn't bend down and take care of them on the ground.lol
    I used to have walkin cages down both sides of the barn but what really happened is it floods my barn when it rains so I built everything up off the ground. I am hoping to get a dozer in and get that fixed but I haven't yet and it really needed it today. It is still coming down here and probably 6 inches or so by now.
  • Cock of the walk we are not out of your league. This is the first year I built this pens. I had portable 4x4 pens that I used. And still using. Bill we are always learning. Just make sure when u show u let me know so I can prepare for getting my butt kicked.lol you have nicer birds than what I've seen at the shows. And u are selling yourself short.
  • I don't intend to show them but I know either you are a good photographer or you are being modest. But, thanks for the nice words. I really enjoy visiting with people about their birds and messing with my own. I spend most of my off time messing around with them. I will admit to one thing though, I sure do like to buy you guys birds that know what you are doing. start with good stuff and it is easier to make the improvements you want.
  • I agree buy good birds.. All the pics I post are from my camera phone.. I have been fortunate to get some good birds
  • first: 3 foot high and wide, 4 foot long. Breeder or show pens.
    second: conditioning pens.
    pens (2).jpg
    717 x 960 - 87K
    pens.jpg
    323 x 432 - 85K
  • This is one of our breeder barns.We use these for breeders early in the year and holding pens for our show birds in the fall.
    new barn 001 (600x450).jpg
    600 x 450 - 115K
  • Southernsickles I still like your pens.. I need about 20 of them on the other side of my Barn.. ^:)^
  • Thank's,I have 16 of those and could still use a few more.