Who are the top 5 current breeders of OEGB's (black,white,BB, SDW, GDW)? - OEGB Int'l Society

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Who are the top 5 current breeders of OEGB's (black,white,BB, SDW, GDW)?

Just curious what you vets think.

Comments

• tracytracy AMARILLO,TX.
    edited January 2015
    WHITES F AND P ALSO BENNETT MCDANIEL JR.JENKINS,BBREDS ANDY BARNES AND COPASS AND REID,BLACKS F AND P AND COPASS AND REID AND BARNES.SDW,S F AND P SCRATCH TIM COX.I AM SURE THERE ARE MORE.GDW,S SHANE CHALKER.
  • whites -Jenkins, Bennetts; blacks Bama Bantams, Barnes; BBs Webster and Cole, Barnes, Jerry Tanner Blue Red Douglas and King; ALL- Otis
  • Thanks for the kind words Tracy
    Here is my active list
    Whites
    Jenkins , Proctor , Bennet and Keith Thomas
    SDW
    Cox , Proctor , Ernie Mays ,
    Wheatens
    Tracy Hill , Brad Richardson, Jeff Simpson, J Phillips , Burkheart ,and Troy Vannoy
    BB reds
    Barnes , Procotor , Tracy Hill females , Jeff Burkheart females ,
    Blacks
    Frank Reid , Andy Barnes , Proctor
    Gdw
    Shane chalker

• What about Red Pyle, Crele and Spangled? Thanks
  • Red Pyle
    Troy Vannoy , Tim Cole , Matthew Burnette , Ernie and Mark
    Spangle
    Troy Vannoy , Easter , Burkheart , Kasey smith
    Crele
    Proctor , Vannoy , Ron , Tripp , Ron smith
  • edited January 2015
    The guys that made the colors better. Black the sheriff s, Jack Yoder. BBR Dave Sherril, Art Rice, Jack Yoder, wright&workman. White Bill Tripp. Spangle. Bob Dollar
  • Lonnie I agree those guys are legends but I was just posting active guys.
  • Sorry, excuse me.
  • edited January 2015
    Those guys are more like the Mount Rushmore of OE breeders they are the pioneers of all the people we know of today.
  • What about Lemon Blue, Blue Wheaten, Brown Red, Blue, Splash, and Blue red?..
  • My List
    Black- Proctor, Barnes, Grooms, Reid
    B.B. Red- Proctor, Barnes
    Crele- Proctor, R. Ledford, G.Beam, C&Z
    Sdw- Cox, Proctor
    Red Pyle- Wulff, Cole, Vannoy
    Gdw- Chalker
    Wheaten- simpson, s.ledford, r.ledford, hill,and Phillips
    Whites - Otis Fields, Bennetts, Jenkins
    Spangle- vannoy, smith, Easter.

• If I was buying BB Reds, I would go to Jake Lail and Dennis Devine. Good type and wing carriage. For Blacks, I would just go to Dad's house and get me a good start. For Pyles, Webster and Cole for females and Vannoy for males. GDW's- Fraley for females and Hipps for males. Whites- Jenkins and Bennetts and Jim Tinsley. Spangles- Vannoy. Wheatens- I am willing to bet most of the good ones have Randall Brown background somewhere. SDW- Lewis Morrow has the smoothest females around.
  • tracytracy AMARILLO,TX.
    MOST OF YOU THAT HAVE SPOKEN ARE PICKING GUYS THAT LIVE IN YOUR AREA, MOST OF US HAS NOT SEEN THERE BIRDS.LIKE I SAID THERE ARE MORE.
  • Little experiance here but ill throw in a comment,I am from California by the way. Ihave purchased birds from all over and you cant go wrong with BB'S,RED PYLES,AND SPANGLES BUYING FROM VANNOY AND BURKHART,EVERY BIRD HAS BEEN AMAZING TRUE HONEST BREEDERS.Wolf for pyles as well. now reeding poultry press obviously Feilds is a big dog,cole ,bennet mc daneil. and reading on here would go with kjdog ,hill and ozee if he would sell.just my thoughts
  • Christy Thompson has the best blue reds,Lyle king has some good ones also.
  • Jake Lail does not have any birds now
  • Is Lamar Sherrif, a relative of the famous Sherrif line of SC?
  • Dennis Devine has all of Jake's bb reds he shows them in my name Neals bantams
  • Top breeders of Crele My assessment is Flawed as I have not been to enough shows in the south east or the western states, However At the Dalton national there was only three males that I wanted to take home one belonged to Otis Felds the other two belonged to Noah Webster and neither won BV, with over 50 Creles in the class,G Beam won Bv at Dalton, another man with great creles is David Crotts, Troy Vanoy is also a great breeder, Ronnie Ledford also, I have never seen C&Z creles in person but the pics look good, Some day I hope to be in these mens class.