Classified Ads - Page 4 - OEGB Int'l Society

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Classified Ads

Comments

• 2spur, You just picked a bad time of year. Most breeders Have there birds in breeder pen and young ones are too young to judge and turn loose. I started hatching early and have some 1/2 grown Birchens I can ship. They are prospects and not sure how they will finish but I do know they will be decent to start with. P,M me if interested or send email to kjundog@yahoo.com. Don't give up. You will find what you want eventually.
  • All the Blue Varieties are very hard to get the color right.You have lots of wasters in all the sports that they throw. Didn't know if you knew this or not.
  • Cooper is spot on with blue color it's very hard to get correct
  • I cant get Jason to answer me about the chocolate's Jerry123 .l
  • Blue OE are super hard to get the correct color and lace. Any top blue breeder of OE will tell you this and the sun is no help at all either .
  • edited April 2015
    2spur, Problem #1 Not everyone agrees on what the correct color is. It's all personnal preference as to shade of blue desired. Problem # 2 Andalusian blue don't breed true. Blue to blue will yield only 50% of offsprings that will be blue. The others will be black or splash (sports). Of the 50% blue you do get they will vary from dark to light and all in between. Then there is quality of distinct lacing to achieve as well as fixing the pattern. This is what you can expect with the best colored birds mated together. The good ones come in #'s of 1 if you are lucky. The guys are not trying to discourage you. They only want you to know what you are taking on. It is a wonderful challenge but very few have done it consistently over the years with this color. There are some fine breeders of the blue varieties out there but it ain't come easy for them. But then again no variety of Old English is easy ( solid colors included) if you want to look at it in every lil detail. Not trying to be a wise guy but if it were as simple as breeding the two best colored birds together, we would all have show champions. Still we do it because we love them lil guys. I only wish you as much enjoyment from this hobby as I have gotten in my lifetime. Great friendships have come into my life over those lil birds and the people on this sight are almost like family to me, and that is why we do it.
  • Blues have been whipping my butt and teAching me lessons for awhile now. I love it though
  • edited April 2015
    And we love you Jason. LOL You do have a gift and a keen eye for the good ones. I don't have the patience for them but don't mistake that for ignorance. I can talk about them for hours. Blue is very much like the buffs to me. It is not so important as to the shade of the color. Much more important to have an even shade throughout the sections whether it is lighter or darker than a person desires is not that important as long as it is even colored. In the case of blues that also means clear and distinct lacing on a feather that is free of mossyness, mealiness or rustyness. I remember the first blue I saw that I liked. It was a cockerel that placed 3rd best OLd English at the OE nationals when it was held in Florence Alabama. That was almost unheard of back then. And yep, you guessed. It was Frank Reid that showed it.
  • Frank has taught me a lot about blues. Thank god cause I would be so far off if not for his help
  • 2spurs if your talking about Carl Jarvis yes he is a class act and good guy.
  • Hey guys go to anything thread this is the classified adds lol just trying to save Tracy the trouble of doing it,
  • I too look forward to the weekly phone calls between Carl and myself. Heck while exchanging birds this week thru the mail we must have had 5 or 6 phone conversations and they were all good. He got Joey started with the American game bantams and Joey sent him some Thompson Valley Windgate Brownreds. WE have a very good relationship that means the world to me. By the way good news, although Carl is still healing and will be for a while he is going back to work this week as an adviser.
  • KBSKBS Southern Indiana
    Looking for some good Blacks Either now or later on in the fall.
  • edited April 2015
    I'm going to cut loose 2 pair of male line birchen breeders and 1 trio of Columbian breeders. Pm if interested
  • One quail female for sale. She is a female line. $50 If interested call me at 912-347-5403.
    IMG_20150430_154946.jpg
    1920 x 2560 - 1M
  • tracytracy AMARILLO,TX.
    edited May 2015
    GOT ALOT OF CHICKS SO I AM GOING TO GET RID OF A FEW BIRDS.PM ME.I WOULD NEED TO SHIP BEFORE JUNE 1ST OR IT WOULD BE TO HOT TO SHIP.BB REDS AND WHEATEN THANKS TRACY HILL ADULT BIRDS NO CHICKS
    I HAVE SOLD ALL MY WHEATENS AND BROWN REDS THAT I NEEDED TO SALE I MIGHT HAVE A FEW BB REDS LEFT.
  • I'm going to let two silverblue males loose. I can make pairs if deaired. One cock one cockerel. I planned on posting the pics but apparently can't at this time. Call or pm if interested

• Ken and I (K&D Bantams) Missouri, are breaking up several of our brood pens and plan to sell some of the breeders.  Some of the varieties may be Brassy Back, Blue Brassy Back, Ginger Red, and maybe Blue Quail, Blue Wheaten, Spangled and Blue Spangled.  We plan to sell the two Blue Spangloed Sports that started our Blue Spangled.  One of the females out of these Sports won two plaques for Best NRV (non reconized variety).

Send a pm if interested in any of these.  They can be picked up or we can ship.

btt