Incubators - OEGB Int'l Society

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Incubators

edited April 2012 in Product Reviews
Which incubators did you use this year and were you satisfied with it?

Comments

• scratchscratch Mannsville, Oklahoma
    I used a GQF Model #1202, I have had for several years and am very pleased with it. I also used a Hova-bator Mod.#1602N and for an economical incubator, it also performed well. But I only used these for incubation, I have a hatcher that is home-made that I transfer all my eggs to when its time for them to hatch. I figured up my egg to hatch ratio and with both incubators figured I have had a 79% hatch this season so far.
  • tracytracy AMARILLO,TX.
    hey scratch one more time, what kind do you have. just a joke. gqf for me to.
  • scratchscratch Mannsville, Oklahoma
    LOL, that is crazy....I dont know what I did? I guess I was trying to get my point across..haha
  • adminadmin Durant, OK
    Sorry guys. I cleaned up.

Like I had said on another post, I have a Dickey Incubator. I love it. Super reliable and great customer service. It's a little older so I have had to change a few parts.
  • I have a 30 year old GQF 1202 that I use as a hatcher and a new GQF 1500 that I incubate my eggs in. I'm thinking of replacing the 1202 with a new Dickey and thats why I've been asking folks who have experience with them to post on here.
  • I have a 1202 GQF incubator, the person before me retrofitted it with digital thermostat, wafer back up, but the digital has never worked for me - electrician couldn't find the problem and GQF was of no help either.
    My 1206 hatcher was retrofitted also and works great. I bought a RX2 this fall intending to have smaller settings and hatch less birds. In the beginning, I was wishing I had never ordered this machine. But now that it and I are on the same page - it is doing exactly what I wanted it to and that is hatch the hard to hatch eggs.

Lyons isn't the best to help with issues either.
  • I have a 1202 that I set eggs in, and I hatch in styrofoam Hovabators.
  • I had problems with the digital thermostat too. I could never get the incubator up to proper temperature. What I discovered was that the wafer was interferring with it so I took the wafer out and it ran fine.
  • we tried every thing we could think of and finally gave up - we sent parts to GQF for testing and everything came back fine - but it still wouldn't work. As long as it is doing the job with the wafer, I will keep using it. As my hatches get smaller, I will use the RX2 only.
  • I use two large 1800 egg units modeled after Nature form incubators. Side draft fan to blow across the trays evenly. 5 1/2 ft tall, 3 ft wide, 4 ft deep. Automated temp control automated humidity control, auto turner, I love them, save me a great deal of trouble..
  • I use a GQF genesis styrofoam. If it is fertile it hatches. I have 3 of them, iturn my eggs twice a day. For the money it can't be beat.
  • GQF.for the past 2 yrs very satisfied.
  • I use all home made incubators.. LOL no issues here..
  • TIM ive seen pics of them you build some nice ones.
  • Thank u.. my first one i built I was 16 and I made it out of 2 diff size cardboard boxes with crinkled paper in between for insulation and light bulb for heat and a piece of glass slid in the front. It worked.. hatched a few out.. SO in essence as long as u can get the heat and humidity right u can hatch anything no mater how nice the incubator looks..
  • I use 2 Brinsea 190's for incubating and my almost 25yr old Sportsman for Hatching
    I really like the Brinsea's, very easy to clean only thing I would like better on them is a larger hunidy pump to hold more water, otherwise great machines.

Heather
  • Brinseas 380 OVA's and roll-X's
  • I use a old 1202 and hatch in the bottom tray but I have been building a hatcher ( if I ever get it done) it should help out with keeping the 1202 cleaner.
  • I use a GQF 1500 for incubation and just bought a Dickey to use as a hatcher. I also have an old GQF 1202 to use as a backup if necessary.
  • Well i just have a old Sears Roebuck Farm Master Four tray that works great for me it about 50+ years old holds temp great but it is heavy about 2 inch thick walls,
    Billy