Does anybody on here raised Naked Necks? - OEGB Int'l Society

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Does anybody on here raised Naked Necks?

edited September 2014 in Somethin' to Crow About
Just wondering because I messed with them for a little bit but never really got into it because it was so hard to find quality birds.

Comments

• Some guy who showed in Tulsa State Fair in Oklahoma had some of the best large fowl Naked Necks I have seen....checked with some of the locals in Oklahoma for the breeders name.
  • Monte Hall in Choctaw Ok has some of the best NN I have ever seen. There are several serious NN breeders here in OK.
  • Never had one.never will have one.
  • They don't come in old English fun. Lol
  • Haha Its a love, hate breed thats for sure. I wish I knew more breeders back when I was really into them. I sure do miss breeding them I never showed them or bred them for quality but it was always my goal to get there. The recent win of Ed Haworth in tusla really started to make me miss them though. But OEGB Is another endeavor That i can stick to for a very long time and mabey ill get my OEGB where I wanted my Naked Necks to be in the showroom
  • They come in silkies.i raise other breeds of chickens.very few I don't like.maybe in time the way things are going they will be naked neck oe.
  • That was a scary thought.lol
  • Hahaha yeah you know I still have just a couple Naked Necks and some OEGBs laying around here I could toss em into a breeding pen for ya. Lol just kidding I agree we dont want to create any Frankenstein Chickens or something.
  • tracytracy AMARILLO,TX.
    I HAVE A FEW RIGHT NOW.THERE NAKED
  • Back yard chicken magazine has ads for clothes for chickens. Or you can knit some sweaters for them.
  • Don't forget to put a hole in the back.
  • Monte Hall in Choctaw Ok has some of the best NN I have ever seen. There are several serious NN breeders here in OK.
    Is that the same Monty Hall. Do want the one behind door number one, door number two or door number three. LOL
  • My first birds were nacked necks that i obtained from gordens feed on 7th and broadway. They sale alot and the majority of them come out very good, but im not sure if their real quality.
  • One good thing about them is when you chop their head off you can see exactly where you chopping LOL