RIPPED OFF,I NEED HELP - OEGB Int'l Society

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

RIPPED OFF,I NEED HELP

edited September 2014 in Madder than a Wet Hen
Hello fellow game bird friends I recently ran an add on craigslist California and Bill Weaver of Bloomington Indiana called me about my birds a spangled pair he asked for pictures I sent them to him and he asked if I would trade for Andy Barnes bbs, I have male line females and no male so I said sure .We agreed to ship that Monday I text him saying I would have to send out on tues,he said the same both of us ok.I sent them out text him the routing number,he said he was busy and would need to do it tomorrow,I called the next day he claimed he was getting ready for a show and would need to send the following Monday . I replied ok but said I was concerned,that was the last time he answered my text. I have tried numerous times to reach him no reply.has anyone else been ripped off by MR BILL WEAVER? What can I do? In California its a felony to steal chickens but I sent them to him. does anyone know him enough to call him and say what the hell do whats right send the birds or my money back to me. I have delt with b wolfe,j Burkhart,t vanoy,and few others all very upstanding breeders and Men. And after forty years of raising old English this is the first time anything like this has happened.what should I do? OUT OF PRINCIPLE I WOULD LIKE TO FLY OUT TO A SHOW NEAR HIM AND GET MY BIRDS BACK. AND LET EVERYONE KNOW WHO THIS MAN IS.MR BILL WEAVER YOU ARE A THIEF,AN EMBARASMENT TO OUR FANCY.

Comments

• I live in indiana and never heard of a bill weaver. I am also a district officer for the (beep) club. Butt there is a show in Bloomington indiana this weekend
  • THANKYOU FOR THE RESPONCE,BILL IS THE NAME HE GAVE ME,CLAIMS HE HAS ANDY BARNS BBS,AND JUST TRADED FOR SPANGLES WITH ME,THE FEMALES ARE VERY YOUNG ONE HAS ITS TAIL PULLED OUT THE OTHER HAS FEATHERS MISSING FROM ITS TAIL MAYBE YOU WILL SEE THEM IN THE SALES AREA,DO YOU KNOW ANYBODY IN THE BLOOMINGTON AREA THAT MIGHT DRIVE BY THE HOUSE I WILL PAY,IM ONLY OUT 90 DOLLARS BUT A MILLION DOLLARS MAD,THANK YOU
  • Well I won't be at the Bloomington show but I know a few that will I'll ask and let u know.
  • Someone sent me a text this past week about some birds I had listed on craigslist and was from Indiana but the birds have been sold, adam do you have this persons number just curious if it is the same person.
  • I think the same guy has been texting me about birds. His number was 812-929-8631.
  • Dang, I deleted the number the last time he text. The person in Ind. that would text me would ask me if I had pictures of other birds and if so to send them to him.
  • bill weaver has an ad on best farm buys.com
  • Yep, I believe he's the guy been sending me text BUT not 100% sure.
  • thank you all yes that is the number and that is how he did me asked for pictures and if I would trade .he is a low life thief. beware to all, he did attend the Bloomington ind show the secretary filled me in on the bum.and agreed he is a thief.i will call every show in the area and ask if they wii confront him.and do it in frt of his children he hides behind. thx again guys.
  • So he still hasn't sent you the birds or any money. Maybe you could contact the local law enforcement people there where he is and maybe they can help out in some way.
  • yeah you definitely need to contact the police in his city, save all your conversations and be ready to send them a copy of everything, my friend had to do this when trading a guitar to another state once and thankfully he had all his stuff in email form, after they were contacted the problem resolved very quickly
  • I have dealt with this guy too. He's always asking for lots of pics of anything I have for sale. I did actually sell him some birds last january. I practically had to deliver them too him. Then a couple weeks later he had the nerve to say that the pics that I sent him were not the birds he bought. I was ticked. I offered to give his money back if he brought them back to me. Never heard another word. He's a real piece of work! I will never deal with him again.
  • thank you ed champ.He also told me my birds were sick and two died,i'm pretty sure if I purchased birds from some body and they arrived sick and died days latter I would call the breeder to tell them and talk about it. Not Bill W. only weeks later when I asked about the money he owed did he say something about the birds and again not a word since.
  • He currently has an ad on the Bloomington, IN craigslist selling oeg. He throws out alot of top breeder names. He even has a pic of a spangled male. Just wondering if this was one of your birds?
    http://bloomington.craigslist.org/grd/4734234329.html
  • nboonnboon Princeton Texas
    Thea one of those people who will do anything for money
  • THat is what you can expect shopping for chickens on facebook. online auctions and Craiglist. Will be a rare occasion you will find a decent bird. Those places are for chicken peddlers, Just how I feel. If your birds are good you usually don't need to advertise. People contact you because word gets around that you are a square deal guy that will treat a person right.
  • I will check the add now thank you ED. Nboon thx too and you still have Dave S bbs right. k dog as always like reading anything you have to say,i show at one show a year there are only a few in the area and i do well selling my birds by word of mouth,butat times i simply have too many so I use craigslist to sell them most of the time its 4h kids which i love helping out my children are now 21 and 25. and i miss having the girls out back with me. i build alliances with the serious kids and we do great,when I was the 4h leader we all raised Rhode island reds when you have 7 people breeding the same family of great birds they only get better but that was a long time ago. thank you again
  • There are exceptions and you may have some good people and good birds on those sights but it is risky because of it's easy accessibility to the con men and chicken peddlers so unless you know the person be very cautious as both a seller and a buyer.
  • nboonnboon Princeton Texas
    Yes I still have sherrills
  • the add is of the spangled we were supposed to trade for,and yes he throws names out, i called the police and they gave me the number for small claims court,may not be worth it but i am going to look into it. does any one of you live near bloomington ind?