Dickey Incubators - OEGB Int'l Society

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Dickey Incubators

edited April 2012 in Product Reviews
Does anyone have experience with Dickey Incubators? How do they compare with GQF?

Comments

• Hey Barry. Never have used a GQF, but I do have a Dickey and it works very well. They are very nice people and helpful if you have questions.
  • adminadmin Durant, OK
    I have a Dickey. Mine was made around 30-40 years ago. Ernest Dickey is VERY knowledgeable about all the different parts of his incubators and hatchers and is happy to help anyone. He spent time troubleshooting my problems (to be expected considerating it's age) and promptly sends out replacement parts. He's a great guy to do business with. This is a high quality hand made unit that will last through out the years.

I haven't had another mid-sized incubator but I am extremely pleased with this one.

Replacement parts are more reasonable than it's competitors.

Here's their website:
    http://dickeyincubators.com/
  • I have two GQF now but was considering buying a Dickey and selling one older one. I was interested in seeing how reliable the incubator is and if you folks have any problems with temps, humidity, ect.
  • I don't own a Dickey incubator but I know someone who does. They get extremely good hatch rates and are very satisfied. I am sure that when I replace my bator it will be with a Dickey.
  • I got both a Dickey and a GQF there about the same (parts are cheeper).... I went to Mr. Dickeys house a few years a go and picked mine up.... He's real good man and stand by every one he builds ... If I had to buy one to day it would be a DICKEY hands down.... I love the full glass door I got with mine ....
  • Thanks fellas! I was beginning to think that nobody had one. I have a couple of GQF's now and was hoping to replace the older one with a Dickey. The GQF is a good machine but I didn't like the idea of having to buy the trays separate. That adds about $100 extra to the cost of the bator.
  • cockofthewalkcockofthewalk Mead, Oklahoma
    I really like those Dickey Incubators also Barry, think I'll have one too before next season.
  • I'm finished hatching for this season but I'm going to buy a Dickey this Fall for next year.
    edited May 2012
    I am too Barry, I talked with Ernest Dickey this morning and you absolutely cannot beleive how nice he is. I noticed that you were talking about the digital thermostat on the other post and I was inquiring about one of those. He said he checks them 4 different times before the incubators are shipped. He also said that he got a call from a customer in another country at 1am this morning, he answered his phone and walked the customer through his problem and said if that doesn't fix it call me back. He said his wife told him "Why did you tell him that?" Mr. Dickey said he had been supplying customer support for 45 yrs. and he did not intend to stop now. Now what more can you say about a guy like that, Barry? Oh Barry I might add that there will be a price change next year so you might want to save yourself some money.
  • Thanks for the head's up cockofthewalk! I plan to order one from him this fall.
    I ordered one today Barry, it will be here in four days.
  • Let me know how it does. I'm really interested in the digital system it uses and just how reliable it is.
  • scratchscratch Mannsville, Oklahoma
    I ordered one today Barry, it will be here in four days.
    Randy, I know a guy we can get to hatch our eggs for us this next season!Lol

You're right however the custom hatching fees might be a little high for you boys.
  • scratchscratch Mannsville, Oklahoma
    edited May 2012
    LOL....Ole Bill Danials got a dime an egg plus a quarter for every one that hatched out. Man I took him a lot of eggs! One year (20 years ago) me an Bill Danials filled a 80 ft. hog shed with ginger red oe. Those birds, you could throw them eggs under a rock and they would hatch out!...Haha...