HEART OF DIXIE SHOWS - OEGB Int'l Society

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

HEART OF DIXIE SHOWS

tracytracy AMARILLO,TX.
edited March 2014 in User Suggestions
THEY ARE HAVING A DBL SHOW TODAY THERE ARE A FEW OKLAHOMA AND TEXAS BOY,S THAT MADE THE TRIP.LET US HERE FROM YOU WITH SOME PIC,S. GOOD LUCK TO ALL.

Comments

• I sent a couple Opals with ol Jeff Simpsons ... He took a good meny just to see .... Fingers crossed and good luck and hope ya have a good time folks ...
  • Here is what I got off of Facebook site, but no pictures which all of us would like to see.

Heart of Dixie poultry show Blue card show
    (Ronny Ledford and Marty McGuire)

BB Brown Red P Danny Cook
    RB White P Keith Thomas
    3rd OE Black H Bama Bantams
    4th OE Wheaten P Simpson and Howell
    5th OE Lemon blue P Lyle King

White Card
    (Chris Hawes & Ben Porter)

BB white P Jim Tinsley
    RB brown red P Simpson and Howell
    3rd BB Red cock Webster and Cole
    4th blue wheaten K Greg Garison
    5th Crele H Brad Richardson
  • tracytracy AMARILLO,TX.
    THANKS STEVE AND CONGRATS TO EVERYONE.
  • Congrats to the nine winners.
  • Brad, Keith and Greg made a long trip but I am glad for them and hope they enjoyed it.
    Congratulations to all!
    Bill
  • Congrats to everyone .. After talkin to everyone boy I really hate I missed this one sounds like it was a good one ..I Won't to throw a special congrats and thanks out to Jeff Simpson and Gregg congrats on your 4th best and your Res of Show .. And thanks for takin the two Opals up there for me ... Just hate that Cockrel didn't pull a top 5 off for ya ... Close boys real CLOSE !!!! but you know I'll take best OE male and 6th best though !!!! lol thanks
    CONGRATS MARVIN THAT WAS CLOSE.OPALS WILL GET THERE.
  • Thanks Tracy after being sick and losing that pullet I started not to send them .. But now I'm glad I did .. Close man real close .. He didn't won't to be handled on the Roll and got skittish is the only thing that knocked him out from what I was told !!!
  • You have a pic of him Marvin?
  • Luke I didn't make it to the show to take pics but here's a older pic of him ... Only thing now is he has his adult Coloring and smoothness and is One shade of kaki
    image.jpg
    1479 x 1156 - 521K
    VERY NICE BIRD MARVIN WINGS UP GREAT COLOR AND TYPE.
  • He is nice.. You have a top 5 or let me say best of breed headed your way!!!!!!!!!! Can't deny he has the type.
  • Nice bird Marvin
  • Marvin, help me understand the Opal color pattern. Aren't the males supposed to have lacing in the breast? None of the birds I handled this weekend had a speck of lacing to be found on them.
  • Hi Henpect This is Ron Smith, Males have only a faint appearance of lacing that can be seen with good lighting but should not be as defined as a females lacing, even the medium lacing on females should be very delicate and finely edged, A coarse or heavy lace will most of the time show shafting which is a defect. On males the faint edging will make each individual feather on the breast stand out, I hope I have explained this well enough, If you still have questions you may call me @ 316-651-6436
  • Thanks Ron for clearing it up for me. I've been looking for lacing, like in Brown Reds, but haven't seen any and was just wondering if I was reading the color description correctly. From what you are describing it sounds more like edging instead of lacing.
  • Lemon should have blue lacing on their body's also Right I think it says lacing ?
    BODIES YES BUT IN THE BREAST A LITTLE LEMON AT THE TOP LIKE A BROWN RED HAS.
  • Yep Chris Jeff asked me the same today he thought it was like a Brown also !!! Sorry man ...
    THERE ARE SOME GREAT PIC,S OF THIS SHOW ON THE OTHER SITE.