FAVORITE BROOD PENS! - OEGB Int'l Society

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

FAVORITE BROOD PENS!

scratchscratch Mannsville, Oklahoma
edited March 2014 in Somethin' to Crow About
OK....HOW MANY OF YOU GUYS HAVE THAT SPECIAL PEN, MATED UP AND ANTICIPATING THE MOMENT TO GAZE UPON THE OFF-SPRING OF THIS SUPER BROOD PEN THAT YOU KNOW WILL THROW NOTHING SHORT OF SHOW CHAMPIONS.

NOW I WANT YOU GUYS TO GO OUT AND TAKE THAT PICTURE OF THAT SUPER BROOD PEN THAT HAS ALL THE BUTTERFLIES IN YOUR STOMACH CHURNING. HERE IS MINE......
dscn3484.jpg
640 x 480 - 129K
dscn3501.jpg
640 x 480 - 135K

Comments

• Ernie is that one of F&P's cock birds?
  • scratchscratch Mannsville, Oklahoma
    He is the cockbird I got from Keith. I have him in a pen with his daughters.
  • Do you have any issues with white in the earlobes at all?
    No problem with earlobes. The pullets earlobes will turn a dull white when they start laying. I have more problems with low fertility right now but I hope that changes.
  • Yeah as the days get longer and warmer they will pick up.
    That bird is carrying the extra white in the breast is why I asked the question. How old is he?
  • That explains the white. Nice bird though in type and color otherwise!
    I am going to try to work on that issue in my birds this year. But right now I am excited to see what I get out of this pen. I hope others will post pics of their favorite pen also.
  • I am sorry to have hijacked this thread an will shut up with small talk on it. I will try to get a pic of one of mine for the thread though.
    That would be great Bill. I cant wait to see the pen that you post. I'm thinking it is going to be bbreds?
  • I was thinking Blue Spangles!
  • I am looking for this mating to produce some nice birchen males. The male I call the tank has plenty of body and plenty of feather.
    SANY1409.JPG
    448 x 336 - 33K
    SANY1413.JPG
    448 x 336 - 33K
    SANY1415.JPG
    448 x 336 - 32K
  • Have used a black saddled male before? What was the percent of ckl colors.never tried it, nice type male.
  • Lonnie, this mating is to reinforce body and feather and may take a couple generations to get the color I want. However if could produce color this first mating. We will find out soon enough. Carl is using sisters to this bird and seems to be liking what he is seeing. He did comment that color comes in but takes longer.
  • Hoping to get something here. Once the females get on a regular laying cycle will split them up and single mate.
    100_1471.jpg
    3472 x 2604 - 2M
  • Have used a black saddled male before? What was the percent of ckl colors.never tried it, nice type male.
    Lonnie,
    I am using 3 of that birds brothers and several of his sisters. At present I have over 100 on the ground, only two so far that are short color. Keep in mind I bred them back to birchen females from well colored parents for the cockerels and Males that are also for the weak colored females. The nearly black female I posted in the birchen thread is a sister to the male wayne posted.
  • Here they are Ernie!
    site.jpg
    800 x 533 - 162K
  • If not I'm thinking stick !!!
    image.jpg
    1407 x 1090 - 467K
    image.jpg
    1496 x 1203 - 725K
    NICE BIRDS!