WUSSIFACATION OF CHICKEN SHOWS - OEGB Int'l Society

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

WUSSIFACATION OF CHICKEN SHOWS

cockofthewalkcockofthewalk Mead, Oklahoma
edited March 2014 in Madder than a Wet Hen
I understand that there is some interest in changing the current format for placing at the shows. How would you feel about no winners or losers just participants? WOOOOO HOOOO.

Comments

• cockofthewalkcockofthewalk Mead, Oklahoma
    Do we all get a trophy? DO WE, DO WE
    chicken_trophy_award__81121.1356127363.358.358.jpg
    358 x 358 - 10K
  • Who do I send my entry money to.
  • What would be the point if no one wins? I would be interested in the trophy above if it were deep fried.
  • Every way to have a perfect chicken show is go in there & write Grand Champion Bird on every card.
  • My hat off to you Scott, you have done it again
    That's what I've heard. Place the top 5 birds then place 5 more from exhibitors who didn't place the first time. I think it is ridiculous.
  • Isn't that what they do at the double shows already.
    Not really, it would be done at both shows. Looks to me like a way to keep people from striving for excellence.
  • What wins at a show , doesn't win b show
    Maybe inside thing or judge s not qualified.
  • scratchscratch Mannsville, Oklahoma
    I LIKE THIS THREAD, IT IS ALOT MORE FUN THAN THE OTHER ONE I READ ON ANOTHER FORUM.LOL I HAVE TO ADMIT I DID READ SOMETHING THAT I REALLY LIKED...NO CHICKEN LEFT BEHIND!!!! HAHAHAHAHA
  • tracytracy AMARILLO,TX.
    edited March 2014
    MY QUESTION IS IF THE BIG FISH PULL THERE BIRDS OFF CHAMPIONSHIP ROW AND THE LITTLE FISH GETS THERE PICKED THEN. WHO IS GOING TO PAY FOR ALL OF THESE AWARDS.THE A.B.A. OR A.P.A. OR THE O.E. CLUB ISN'T GOING TO.AND ALL CLUBS ARE ON A BUDGET.
    Kind of reminds you of pee wee sports. No score no winner no loser. If you are too weak hearted for this bloodsport then take up knitting.
  • Thought entry fees covered awards.nonprofit club.
    There are plenty of profit motivated shows.
  • edited March 2014
    Thought we didn't talk about stuff that protaning to the other site (Club) on here ?? Are not ?
  • Don't believe it's not about that site.sanctions are bought for the awards and points from the major clubs that local club or no club shows offer.
  • v) The act of turning one into a wussy.
    The mother has been wussifying her children from young age.

The wussification of American children is notable.
    After looking online at the meanings of these words I was a little disappointed at the use of them as the w stands for wimp and the rest stands for something else, Preferably not mentioned here, a combination of the two that probably should not be said in a public place when wimp would have worked just as well.
    However it does get straight to a point!
    Politics may have some involvement in some of these things and then there are some who are just plain old better at it and deserve the wins they get.
    To me it is like anything else in life just get better! Even if you have the best bird at a show doesn't guarantee the judge will think so. These great shows have been going on for years and I would hate to see them cheapened to make someone feel like they are winning because you only win when you beat the best. I will guarantee you there is nothing on my place to beat those great breeders and conditioners with and if they gave me their birds and I gave them mine they would still beat me because of their expertise in conditioning. Hats off to the great guys who know how to breed and raise and condition poultry and especially Old English Game Bantams.
    Quit whining when you get beat and spend the time and money learning how to do what it is you want to do and quit knocking the judges or the so called "BIG BOYS".
    Bill
    Amen Bill
  • WE DONT NEED TO KEEP CHAMGING THINGS IN THIS WORLD JUST TO MAKE SOMEONE FEEL GOOD.
    Bill
  • Well said Mr.Bill I agree 100%!