How's the weather - Page 2 - OEGB Int'l Society

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

How's the weather

Comments

• edited January 2014
    Off again tonight. Will have to work Saturday to catch up one day of production schedule. I can live with that. Had one baby Wyandotte dead this morning. Not bad for as cold and wet as it was. Kept praying we would not lose power as I could not get my generator started yesterday when I tried it. Already made up my mind that if we lost power I would put those babies in my truck with the engine and heater running. Gotta do what you gotta do to save them lil boogers.
  • Ya Kdog remembering back to last year you had all kinds of weather related problems with your chicks right ?
  • Yea, Lodst every baby in brooder when I was at the nationals in Dalton a breaker tripped and I was not home to catch it. That really set the pace for the year I had. I jokuingly told someone that the highglight of 2013 was my heart attack. Everything else was horrible. LOL
  • I hear ya Kdog we even thought that storm got ya one time but I do hope you have a great 2014 as for myself and the OEs I've got the best birds I ever had meaning I've got the best brood pens I ever had .. Crossing my fingers man
  • I hear ya Kdog we even thought that storm got ya one time but I do hope you have a great 2014 as for myself and the OEs I've got the best birds I ever had meaning I've got the best brood pens I ever had .. Crossing my fingers man
    I am counting on you Marvin.You know I need help.
    Bill

• This has been the coldest January I can remember for many many years! I have had to water around noon each day and then pour all the water out again at 4pm to keep it from freezing solid. So far, I haven't lost any birds.
    As for the generator kdog, I had a whole house unit installed 3 years ago and no longer have to worry about power outages. That thing provides you with unbelieveable peace of mind!
  • Barry, I saw those things. They are nice. Does it run on butane or natural gas.
  • You can get them ether way Kdog. We didn't loose power here but we got 2" of sleet .
  • Hope all you southerners are safe! At least snow and cold is what we are used to up here even though the last 2wks have been more brutal than normal with minus degree weather almost every day the worst being -19 about 2wks ago. tonite is supposed to be the last of the 'artic blast' and we will see a gradual warm up into the upper 20s...
    Heard on CNN tonite Atlanta is basically shut down!
  • yea, Atlanta is a mess right now. Cars abandoned in the street and everything else. This is suppose to be ou last night for freezing temps. They say by Saturday we will be back in the 70's and lots of rain. That's Louisiana for you.
  • cockofthewalkcockofthewalk Mead, Oklahoma
    The people who designed the OBAMACARE website were also the ones who designed Atlanta's emergency snow and ice plan.
  • 7 degrees this morning , almost got frostbite trying to water the birds......
  • If you can stand the drought, fires, and hot summer's this isn't such a bad place to be.
    Screenshot_2014-01-29-16-15-03.png
    1080 x 1920 - 2M
  • The people who designed the OBAMACARE website were also the ones who designed Atlanta's emergency snow and ice plan.

The county I'm from bought 8 new trucks just for bad weather 15 years ago they finely sold them unused new trucks a while back and was able To buy two new trucks with the sells !!! we don't have that bad of weather here ... Like out there

Scott you need to run for some kinda office
  • If you can stand the drought, fires, and hot summer's this isn't such a bad place to be.
    Man you guys water problems are terrible and the prediction of worse times a coming looks bad !!! Good luck !!
    Marvin I might run for PRESIDENT of a small club to gain experience for bigger things. I need a campaign manager. Are you available?
    Atlanta what a mess
    aca5a180195452044a0f6a706700148d_r420x280.jpg
    420 x 280 - 19K
  • My post office called me earler today to tell me thay had finally found my bird that I had shiped the other day .. It was going to Oklahoma but never made it seems it was stuck on I-75 for around 30+ hours ... Tomorrow morning I'll be getting him back .. Gonna Get him feed up and watered up real good and send him back out Monday are Tuesday ..
    Can you tell which truck he is on?
  • lol I think the national guard had to get out of there .. that's who's helping get all them stranded cars off the interstate ..