Wheaten Old English - Page 4 - OEGB Int'l Society

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Wheaten Old English

Comments

• edited August 2012
    I have seen pictures he has posted and they really do look nice.
  • scratchscratch Mannsville, Oklahoma
    I will try to get a picture of a young Wheaton pullet I raised this year from the Treadwell lines that is interesting to look at. I am not sure how the coloring will show up in a photo but she is very nice to look at even though not correct in color.
    Bill I'm interested in seeing this pullet. When are you going to post it? Just curiouse.

• I might get the chance to get a pic this evening. Tracy is wanting to see a picture of a pullet that came from Curtis and Wanda also. Sometimes I am slow at getting around.
  • Here she is Ernie.
    IMG_4260.JPG
    800 x 533 - 133K
    IMG_4249.JPG
    800 x 533 - 155K
  • This pullet is a Lail line and the cockerel is one from Curtis and Wanda.
    IMG_4258.JPG
    800 x 533 - 198K
    IMG_4285.JPG
    800 x 533 - 172K
  • This is a Sheriff BB.
  • Bill the treadwell pullet is biult perfect in my mind nice bird. I think he crossed bb red into them to get the good type. Think that's why her color is dark. I'd take her breed to the lightest colored male u got.
  • Bill is that the hen I saw. She was an eye catcher amongst all the other birds.
  • here is some of the female line wheaten i got from brad richardson. they are my first hens, got my first hatch in two weeks
    wheatenhen2.jpg
    480 x 640 - 128K
    wheatenhen.jpg
    480 x 640 - 117K
  • Those are nice and Brads stuff from pictures I have seen is really nice. I don't see how you could go wrong there.
  • NICE BIRDS BILL CRWD WANTS TO KNOW WHEN YOU WILL BE DOWN HE Has the red pyle moderns ready for you
  • Thanks Randy, That is great! Hopefully this next week will see me in your country and theirs to pick them up. Do you happen to know when Curtis is going to be off this next week? I thought I remembered you saying he worke a 4 day week but I am getting pretty senile in my day and don't remember very well. At least I can start using that as an excuse.
    You might also ask them if there is anything I can bring them down or do you need anything I have up here also. Don't say that TNT Sheriff cock because Danny is getting some birds gathered back for himself and I have told him I would let him have his stuff back that I got off of him. He has his cages about ready to load up agin.
  • HE IS OFF ON FRIDAYS I WILL CALL THEM LATTER
  • Sounds good Randy.
  • I like that bb cockeral Bill looks good
  • edited August 2012
    I got to visit with Jeff Burkhart today and picked up some Wheatens from him: a cockerel and three pullets. He's another example of the saying that "chicken people are good people." So, I am officially back in the OE business. It's going to be fun learning.
  • edited August 2012
    Thanks Handy.
    Jordan you are sure right about Jeff, they don't come any better.
    Congrtulations on your purchase.
  • what if a wheaton cockeral or pullet has a little black in there legs and feet is that good or bad news and will it go away are is this a cull.......
  • tracytracy AMARILLO,TX.
    IF BLACK ON THERE LEGS THIS IS BAD, HOW MUCH BLACK DO THEY HAVE.
  • Tracy if we are going to talk about Wheaton this is the right spot. That way we won't get caught getting in the cookie jar.
    Bill