Wheaten Old English - Page 3 - OEGB Int'l Society

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Wheaten Old English

Comments

• Welcome from here too, CM.
    Bill
  • thanks im here to learn all i can about oeg, especially wheaten
    thinking about getting blue wheaten as well
  • Where do you live CM? I am in McAlester, Ok.
    Bill
  • scratchscratch Mannsville, Oklahoma
    Bill did you get any of those TNT Wheatons hatched off this season?
  • I did get some hatched Ernie. They look pretty good but still young.
    Some of the early ones which are few suit me well. As they get older I will get some pics posted.
  • I think Wheaten is the variety I am leaning towards. They are a beautiful bird. I look forward to seeing photos of those TNT Wheatens, Bill.
  • I have 3 different lines of the Wheaton color and I really like them. Their contrasting colors and the color of the hens is what catches my eye. I will try to get a picture of a young Wheaton pullet I raised this year from the Treadwell lines that is interesting to look at. I am not sure how the coloring will show up in a photo but she is very nice to look at even though not correct in color. Have you seen the Wheaton's that Tracy has posted on another thread? He really has some very nice ones and if you are looking for breeder birds he is the man to contact. You really have to watch dealing with him though because he is the famous Tracy Hill and he will not be sending you something that is going to beat him! LOL
    Joking aside, he has some of the nice ones.
    Bill
  • I have 3 different lines of the Wheaton color and I really like them. Their contrasting colors and the color of the hens is what catches my eye. I will try to get a picture of a young Wheaton pullet I raised this year from the Treadwell lines that is interesting to look at. I am not sure how the coloring will show up in a photo but she is very nice to look at even though not correct in color. Have you seen the Wheaton's that Tracy has posted on another thread? He really has some very nice ones and if you are looking for breeder birds he is the man to contact. You really have to watch dealing with him though because he is the famous Tracy Hill and he will not be sending you something that is going to beat him! LOL
    Joking aside, he has some of the nice ones.
    Bill
    Bill, Money still speaks pretty loud and me being a gambler I would have to bet that for the right price Tracy would sell that good bird. Why? Because he is a true breeder in my eyes and wants to put good birds in people's hands and welcomes the competition. He also knows he has the parents and can duplicate that again because it is all in the genes.

• tracytracy AMARILLO,TX.
    BILL AND DOG THANKS AGAIN FOR THE COMMENTS, YOU GUYS MAKE ME LOOK BETTER THAN I REALLY ARE.I SENT SOME PICS TO RANDY HE IS GOING TO POST THEM ON 2012 HATCH SOON.THE BBRED PULLETS ARE LOOKING OK AND THE BBRED MALES NEED SOME TIME YET NO MAIN TAIL YET.ALSO SENT SOME WHEATON PICS TO LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU GUYS THINK.
  • BILL AND DOG THANKS AGAIN FOR THE COMMENTS, YOU GUYS MAKE ME LOOK BETTER THAN I REALLY ARE.I SENT SOME PICS TO RANDY HE IS GOING TO POST THEM ON 2012 HATCH SOON.THE BBRED PULLETS ARE LOOKING OK AND THE BBRED MALES NEED SOME TIME YET NO MAIN TAIL YET.ALSO SENT SOME WHEATON PICS TO LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU GUYS THINK.
    Well you should have just posted them yourself, we may never see them! He doesn't have the time to mess with us anymore with his habit keeping him tied up. LOL
    I will be anxiously waiting!
    Did you get quite a few Wheaton's hatched?
    On making you look better, I just hope all the folks on here know how fortunate they and I am to have you and others on the site that are willing to share and help us. You are very much appreciated here!

BILL I HATCHED AROUND 40 OR 50 WHEATONS THE OLDER ONES ARE LOOKING OK AND THE YOUNGER ONES LOOK LIKE THEY ARE JUST NOT GROWING. ITS THE HOT WEATHER.AND WE ARE FORTUNATE TO HAVE YOU AND THE KJDOG ON HERE ALSO.
  • Yeah this hot weather is sure working on mine! If they weren't a cull it is trying it's best to either kill them or make them look bad.
    I had a real nice visit with Richard Gumbert, Electric chicken, this morning. He is from down around Austin. Was nice to visit with someone wanting to talk chicken for a spell.
    I loaded him up with a cull or 2 and he was on his way to McKinney to see Keith Thomas. Very nice gentleman and I appreciated him taking time for me.
    It is already approaching the hundred mark here.
    Thanks Tracy but guys like you are what makes the real difference.
    One eyed chicken huh?
    did you like that, i quess the three is to tuff only 2 so far have tried it.
  • Tracy are all your Wheaton's very wide in the breast?
    i think so bill maybe some not as wide as others.
  • I have the book "Old English Game Bantams as Bred and Shown in the United States." I have read the section on Wheatens a couple times. Does anyone have some additional advice for a newbie on raising female line Wheatens? I greatly appreciate any help I can get.
  • My advice would be to get in touch with Jeff Burkhart.
  • sorry bill i didnt mean to ignore you, i havent been online. im in southern illinois .
    i consider my birds a female line, fairly wide breasted, trying to learn what to keep and what to cull in the females
  • I will definitely try to learn as much as I can from Jeff when I am up there in the next week or so.
  • WEll if you guys like female line wheatons I just gotta mention Brad Richardson in I think it is McKinney. Texas. He has some of the nicest I've seen in a while as well some nice SDW females. He has started a Columbian breeding program and I know his wheatons will mke them better.