Texas Poultry Regulations - OEGB Int'l Society

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Texas Poultry Regulations

cockofthewalkcockofthewalk Mead, Oklahoma
edited January 2014 in Somethin' to Crow About

Sherri brought up an interesting point this morning during a phone conversation.  She asked why no one was working to get State Regulations waived for exhibition poultry?  I thought that very interesting and decided to do some research myself.  I contacted Dr. Michael Herrin, Oklahoma Veterinary Services Assistant Director and the Coordinator of Oklahoma's Poultry Program. I relayed to him the frustrations of non Texas poultry exhibitors who would like to attend shows in Texas and asked where we could appeal to Texas officials to let non resident exhibitors show on a permit basis.  He said a good place to start was with him.  He said he converses with his Texas counterpart on a very regular basis.  He has offered to talk with Texas officials and see what he can do to help get Okies and others on the Texas show scene.

Dr Herrin said he will keep me posted about this matter, but as you all know the wheels of government turn slow.  I think you all should thank Sherri for having this idea and just another way she tries to keep the OEGB International Society on the cutting edge. 

Comments

• This is wonderfu lfor all who show and good luck Scott on moving forward with it.

Bill

• adminadmin Durant, OK

Thank you Scott for using your contacts and getting it started. 

Would a list of exhibitors wanting to show in Texas help?  The OEGB Society can get it all together.  Just let us know what we can do to help.

• cockofthewalkcockofthewalk Mead, Oklahoma

I sure think a list would help Sherri.  I will give you Dr. Herrin's e-mail address so you can start official correspondence with him.  That list should include exhibitors from every state that is interested on showing in Texas.  We need to be able to attend the great livestock shows and bring a National show to Texas.  Every great journey begins with the first step and this can be the start, you never know how it will end but at least we will have tried.  Dr. Herrin says that this matter can be resolved within the Texas Animal Health Commission.  A strong willed, well organized person like yourself is what we need to launch this project.

• adminadmin Durant, OK

Who would be interested in showing in Texas?  I want to get a list of exhibitors by name, city, state before I make contact. 

Let's get a huge list so this group can see how much interest there is!  If you have friend who would like to be on the list that isn't on the OEGB Society, have them give me a call.

Sherri Blakley @ (580) 380-1917

• cockofthewalkcockofthewalk Mead, Oklahoma

Scott Hansen Mead.OK

• Junior Jenkins aka Jenkins bantams
    Cherry Log Georgia
  • Tim Clanton
    Florence Alabama
  • scratchscratch Mannsville, Oklahoma

Ernie Mays

Mannsville, Oklahoma

• Wayne Melancon, Thibodaux, Louisiana

• nboonnboon Princeton Texas
    Hope fully they can work this out so y'all can show here
  • Jerry Corcoran  Choctaw , Okla. 

• Josh Griffin 

Ridgeville, IN

• Marvin Roach
    Toccoa Ga
  • jw and james hymer goodlettsville tenn

• Jimmy Reed.
    Florence, Alabama
  • michael price

mt.vernon kentucky

• Miller family bantams   brodhead kentucky                                                                                                                                                          

• Ron Smith

Ponca City, Ok.

• Anthony Ashley South Carolina

• Lee Waddle, Neosho,MO